Austin area roll call

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Austin area roll call

Postby tako1972 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Will any Austin area waterfowlers pm me I may be having an event soon specifically for us here in Austin. Thanks. :thumbsup:
tako1972
hunter

Re: Austin area roll call

Postby :-) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:44 pm

That's some ho azz chit...why do you Austin folks think you're so much better than everyone else in Texas??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-)
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Haha, very funny. You know you are welcome. I thought it was funny I knew less than you could count on one hand of warerfowlers here in Austin. If they do think they are all that I wont hang around, what do I know, I'm a transplant. I count my blessings every day :thumbsup:
tako1972
hunter

Postby Pintail-Peeler » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:47 am

My parents have a house in marble falls, where I keep my duck boat. Does that count?

I'm going to try to hunt somewhere in that region next year, just because I have to pick up my boat and why not try.
Gig 'Em
Adam

2013-2014 Strap:
Cans: 2
Bufflehead: 1
Redhead: 2
Mallard: 1
Gadwall: 13
Green Wing: 2
Spoony: 6
Pintail: 3
Ringneck: 5
mottled: 2
lesser scaup: 1
Pintail-Peeler
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 am

Better get a text from you on this super secret club
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby tako1972 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:58 am

You guys are hilarious. No secret club, with my game processing project I thought I would offer a small retail sectionwhere Austin waterfowlers could check out some gear you might only see in a catalog or online. We have no dedicated waterfowling store and I doubt a store that sold only waterfowl gear here wouldn't be viable. If it was an extension though of the game processing shop we may be of some service to the area wingshooters. I've talked with some decoy and call makers about having samples of their products and they were for it. Also looking for suggestions in what else to have.
tako1972
hunter

Postby :-) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:12 pm

I don't need a place to buy calls cause I use the cheap $10.00 calls. Although I do plan on picking up the pink one from DC when it goes on sale....$30.00 is too much for a call IMO.

On a serious note if I were in your area I would consider selling waders. Not the cheap crap...get the good ones. You can sell them to waterfowl hunters, and fly fishermen. Make sure you carry a line of waders for us fat boys also. Big Camo let me down this year, and forced me to buy a dozen tubes of aqua seal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-)
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting