Houston Area

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Houston Area

Postby FishH2o » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Hello guys,

I grew up on the Katy prairie hunting ducks and geese all my life. Right now Im living in Florida but Im about about to move back "Home". Fortunately I would from home so It really doesn't matter where I live. I would like to get in a place that has public access and a decent part of town. I know I could move back to Katy and be safe but I would have a little bit of a drive. If you guys had the choice of where to live around Houston where would you pick? It would be good to know about the area and the neighborhood. If you have any suggestions please let me know where and why you would pick that area.

Thanks,
-RC
FishH2o
hunter

Re: Houston Area

Postby TXGold » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Somewhere near Spring Branch is good for many reasons, with convenience to most of Houston, good freeways and good resale. Houston is in a boom, so prices are all very high, with not much relief in sight.
TXGold
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting