Dove until Duck

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Dove until Duck

Postby Duck Attack » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:43 pm

Have any of you tried hunting the public land west of Denton for dove? Any good?
Duck, Duck, Goose
Duck Attack
hunter

Postby texasduckblaster » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:48 pm

i have hunted in denton county with success but thats is far west ive ever been. infact im going scouting out there later tonight after shooting clay birds and fishing lake ray roberts.
texasduckblaster
hunter

Postby RedTx » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:05 pm

I know where it is. IMHO it looks like it sucks. They plow everything under right beore season opens. They usually have it planted in wheat and have already harvested it. I had a friend hunt it last year all day and got like 3 birds. Its just that there is little cover, water or food.

I have 300+ acres about a mile from that location, and we always seem to do fair, but we have water cover, and not a plowed field.

Once again Just my opinion
Do you believe in the MEAN GREEN
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby Duck Attack » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:38 pm

Ya'll know of any good places to go that are fairly close to Fort Worth. I go to South Texas every year and wish I could do more dove hunting around here on the weekends.

Also, figure it will be a good work out for my dog.
Duck, Duck, Goose
Duck Attack
hunter

Postby RedTx » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:39 pm

Went by that place today that is east of denton. It is on my way to my parents. Looks like they planted milo this year instead of wheat. They havent plowed it yet. It is all just stuble right now. You might have some luck there, but i didnt see any birds flying ,althought it was raining.
Do you believe in the MEAN GREEN
RedTx
State Moderator

Return to Texas Duck Hunting