Gas Taxes in TX

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Gas Taxes in TX

Postby PinTeal » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:51 pm

Hey all...Sorry for tresspassing with a non-hunting related question, but what are the taxes per gallon on gasoline in TX?....ie, state/local/sales tax? Debating gas prices at work with someone that says Texas has much lower gas prices because Bush is from Texas. He does not understand that they have less of a demand for it, and that y'all have more oil than we do here in Kalifornia. Anyhoo, any help is appreciated!

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby bw44 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:18 am

State taxes on gas are 20 cents.....federal is 18.4 cents. Not sure if there is a local sales tax.....but I'm pretty sure there isn't.

I know your not from Texas, but for those of you who are.......keep in mind to save your gas receipts for your recreational boating(non-highway use). You can file for a refund of 20 cents for every gallon purchased for non-highway use w/ the state. That can add pretty quick for those who use their boats often.

follow the below link to the state comptroller's website for refund info....
http://www.boatus.com/gov/state_taxrefund.htm[/url]
"Screw you we're from Texas.....we're from Texas, screw you." Ray Wylie Hubbard
bw44
hunter

Postby BFOX » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:05 am

Thanks for the info on the refund i didnt know anything about it you can bet i'll send them in now.
BFOX
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting