Looked All Summer, No Luck, Can U help - 06 land/lease

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Looked All Summer, No Luck, Can U help - 06 land/lease

Postby Ice Dog » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:58 pm

I guess with the number of calls that I have made, that I am doing something wrong. Can anyone put me onto the trail of reputable waterfowl lease for 06. (Within 3 hours of Dallas)

I know how to hold em, call em, and only shoot decoying birds...I have two dogs, one that does not yet know that she is retired.... Only on days below 32' does she see the action....She can not feel the cold...

Thanks Guys,

Ice Dog
Ice Dog
Newb

Postby bw44 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:33 am

I wish I could help you bro.....

Sort of been looking myself, as I'm starting to get tired of the onslaught of new public hunters every year. Your gonna find that most people are just as tight-lipped about their leases as they are public spots. Sad, but true :thumbsdown: . You've got the right idea though....by not limiting yourself to something withing 1-2 hours of Dallas.

Durn near all of the leases I've come across in the last year are either WAY out of my price range ($1K) or over-packed with hunters (as in newspaper ads).

Best of luck to you....keep us posted if something comes up.
"Screw you we're from Texas.....we're from Texas, screw you." Ray Wylie Hubbard
bw44
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting