Where are the North Texas Teal?

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Where are the North Texas Teal?

Postby waterdog » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:30 am

Hello. I am new to the forum. I am trying to find out where the Teal are. here in North Texas. I would like to go to Lakes Fork, Lavon, Tawakoni, Weatherford, Ray Roberts, or Cooper.
Has anyone seen Teal on these lakes this week?
Thanks.
Safe hunting and God bless.
waterdog
Newb

Postby Grant48 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:33 am

I might be fishing on Fork the weekend of the 23rd-25th... If I am, I'll let ya know what I see.
Grant48
hunter

Postby mallard mangler » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:25 pm

waterdog,

I don't expect that you'll get a whole lot of response to that question. Guys like me that spend lot's of time scouting for birds are not going to do all of the leg work for guys that just want to look on the internet to find them and then show up to reap the benefit of our work. Sorry.
"I do not hunt to kill, I kill to have hunted"
Jose Ortega y Gasset

www.texasdelta.org
mallard mangler
hunter

Thanks

Postby waterdog » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:49 pm

Sir, I appreciate your honesty. However, I assure you that when I have information, I will pass it on. By the way, I have done more than "just look on the Internet".
Safe hunting and God bless.
waterdog
Newb

Postby mallard mangler » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:45 am

That may be so, and I was not trying to be rude, but, if you post up your information then you are giving it up to the guys that do not do anything other than "cyber scout"

If you want to give up your holes that is fine. I am sure there are plenty of folks who will take them. However, I have worked hard at finding birds for myself and am not willing to post them on the internet
"I do not hunt to kill, I kill to have hunted"
Jose Ortega y Gasset

www.texasdelta.org
mallard mangler
hunter

Postby spanky » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:58 pm

I know I am new to the forum, but am like you, mallard mangler. I don't mind helping anyone, but I would prefer a PM, and I will be glad to help. I do think there are people that surf these forums to glean info.

I won't post any info. in a open forum. Too many eyes, and I'm like you I'm not trying to being rude, and I will help, but in a private mode.

Spanky
spanky
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting