Public Hunting

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Public Hunting

Postby duckman40 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:49 pm

Hey guys; I am new to the Texas area moved here from New Mexico. Really did'nt get to do any hunting at all last year do to work but am planning on hitting it hard this coming year. Was woundering if anyone could point me in a good public place to hunt ducks. It really does'nt matter where in the state, perferred N. or NE Texas but I am willing to drive and scout. Any help would be greatly helpful, unfortunately I do not have a boat which may hurt me? Thanks Again to all who can help.
duckman40
hunter

Postby dav42070 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:34 pm

Get your type two permit tpw will send you a book with lots of public areas. You can also call the army corps of engineers about local lakes.
dav42070
hunter

Postby duckman40 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:08 am

Where can I get the type two permit? I also heard that I needed to get a Public land permit to hunt all public land, is this true?
duckman40
hunter

Postby mallard mangler » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:15 am

The type II permit is the public hunting permit. It can be bought at any Wal Mart or online at the Texas Parks & Wildlife site. On that site is also maps of Type II hunting locations
"I do not hunt to kill, I kill to have hunted"
Jose Ortega y Gasset

www.texasdelta.org
mallard mangler
hunter

Postby bw44 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:51 pm

mallard mangler wrote:The type II permit is the public hunting permit. It can be bought at any Wal Mart or online at the Texas Parks & Wildlife site. On that site is also maps of Type II hunting locations

repeat after me Steve.....Type II no longer exists, it is now "public hunting" and requires an APH (annual public hunting) permit. :umm: :tounge:

duckman40.....it used to be called Type II permits a few years back and some of us still call it that (including myself).
"Screw you we're from Texas.....we're from Texas, screw you." Ray Wylie Hubbard
bw44
hunter

Postby mallard mangler » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:21 pm

don't give me your PC bull**** BDUB :mrgreen:
"I do not hunt to kill, I kill to have hunted"
Jose Ortega y Gasset

www.texasdelta.org
mallard mangler
hunter

Postby TXwaterfowler » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:27 pm

Hey I live 10 miles south of the Red River and theres more Ducks than u could aim at. If your intrested I will take you for a hunt where I go at. Theres also alot of great hunting on Texoma but....... you have to deal with alot of other hunters. You also might take a drive up to Paris and check out Pat Mayse lake theres alot of flooded timber [mallard&woodie heaven]!!!!!! (':salude:')
TXwaterfowler
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting