Have Dog, Will Travel

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Have Dog, Will Travel

Postby Ronb » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:19 am

Hey all,

I apologize in advance for the length of this post. Here's the deal. I have never hunted duck before and I would like to try. My 10yr old wants to go but my daddy never took me so I do not know anything about it.

Also, my wife brought home a choc lab 7 months ago and I have been training him to retrieve and I feel that he is ready at this point in his training to be exposed to ducks and hunting and retrieving. He is by all means not 100% but he has been performing well and I would like to get him out in the field more.

Here is the proposal, I am covered up in deer hunting through Nov but would like to hook up with someone that does not have a dog but would like to teach a novice how to duck hunt during Dec and Jan. The first few times I would just want to work with my dog and let you do all the shooting. I am sure that that would keep me busy enough. I would do more than my share of work in setting dekes, etc. I am looking for someone that loves duck hunting and will take a novice under there wing and teach them. I can read any book but real field experience is the best teacher.

I live in NE Dallas so would like to get together with someone close. If you are looking for a hunting buddy and have patience just PM me and we can talk.

Thanks
Ron
Ronb
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting