Teal, Teal, and more Teal

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Teal, Teal, and more Teal

Postby baumdiggity » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:15 pm

So has everyone been running into mainly teal? Everything I have shot this year with the exception of one hen mallard has been either green wing or blue wing teal. I have been hunting out in the Layton area and am wondering if it is more area specific or if it is just because the weather has been too warm to push a lot of the bigger birds down here yet?

Also I love to hunt, however, I am in the process of getting back into it this is my first year after a five year break. I dont really have any hunting buddies and would love to hook up with anyone hunting in the Davis County/Weber County areas. So if anyone else is in need of a hunting buddie or would not mind another hunter comming along let me know.
Shoot ... pump .. shoot .. pump .. shoot (d**m)
try and shoot the sky around them another day
baumdiggity
hunter

Postby Bret » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:11 pm

We got into a few teal opening day. Since then only a few teal have been killed in my blind. We just are not seeing them now. We are seeing plenty of Gadwalls, mallards and widgeon. I do think teal congrigate in certain areas at certain times. I say charrish them when they are there. Not only are they tender and tasty, but challenging to the gun to say the least. I love getting into teal. Shoot 'em up.

You are probably really loving it after a five year break. were you married to the wrong gal, off to school, or what?
Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby baumdiggity » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:48 am

No I used to hunt with my father and a good buddy of mine. Well long story short my father pretty much gave it up and my good buddy moved out of state. I don’t really know why I stopped going I guess lack of people to go with and being so busy with school that I just forgot how much fun it could be. I am lucky one since that my wife really encourages me to go... don’t think I would ever get her out in a marsh in a million years but bless her soul she really encourages me to hunt, fish, golf all the good stuff :mrgreen: I am just glad to be back out there shooting holes in the sky :thumbsup:
Shoot ... pump .. shoot .. pump .. shoot (d**m)
try and shoot the sky around them another day
baumdiggity
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting