Hunting Reports 10/18-10/26

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Hunting Reports 10/18-10/26

Postby Quack-Addict23 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:30 pm

How was the week? Post up!!!
"Whistling Wings"
Quack-Addict23
hunter

Postby Spiraleyes » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:51 pm

Monday - only came home with 1
Tuesday - thanks to some guys shooting at some out of range ducks near me, I came home with 0

This week - The wife wants me to do some "more productive" things around the house. I'll be back out next week.
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby honer » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:39 pm

:toofunny:
Last edited by honer on Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honer
State Moderator

Postby Bret » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:11 pm

Well I have to admit I was cheatin' this week hunting across the north border. But my wife and I had a real great teal shoot we killed our ten(five duck limit in ID these days) In about two hours could have killed plenty more. No geese to show for it although I believe if we were not distracted by pheasants in the morning we would have killed a few there are certainly plenty up there wow.

oh ya we killed four roosters today and five yesterday in the rain.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby baumdiggity » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:36 am

Went out Sat to the West Layton marshes. Saw a lot of birds for about 10 minutes after shooting hours began and then the only birds we saw were way to high to shoot at even in the rain. We could hear geese calling and they sounded close so I headed out to see if I could find them. Well long story short a flock of about 30 - 40 geese got up when they heard me comming and flew right over my brother-in-law who I was hunting with at about 15 feet. He claims that he pounded the lead goose but it did not phase it, I think he missed all together he was shooting 3 inch BB's and at 15 feet I am sure he would have knocked one down but .. what ever .. Anyways I could still hear geese calling but they were a mile at least out on the mud flats. Mostly out of bordom I started the long march out to where they were just to see if I could get any more to jump and to see if there was any chance of finding a place to set up out there in the flats. Well after about 2 miles I just ended up sitting down and watching the birds fly out there. The geese just kept moving west but there must have been close to 300 of them. There was 3 flocks that came in and landed with the group while I was watching and that was only for about 15 mins. I got some good shots at ducks while I was sitting out there so it ended up being worth the walk. By the time I ended up getting back to the pond we were sitting at my bro-in-law had already packed up the deeks and was ready to go home. He said he had not even seen one duck in shooting range the whole time I was gone. Anyways that was kind of a long post ... I wish there was some way to get out to where those geese were and set up a blind and see what happens but man it would be a march with all the equipment. There were so many Geese tracks and crap out there they must frequent the area.
Shoot ... pump .. shoot .. pump .. shoot (d**m)
try and shoot the sky around them another day
baumdiggity
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting