sweet black lab female needs a home help

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

sweet black lab female needs a home help

Postby Bret » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:03 pm

I don't know why people do this but every year through my hunts I come across stray dogs. I found this on near the pocatello valley right on the Utah/Idaho border. I was hunt ing sharps on the ID side when I came across two labs an old one and a young to mid aged one. no collar nothing. There was only one house around I checked there they had not seen them before. I had to assume someone dropped them off for good. I hate that I have a bleading heart for stray dogs, but oh well. only the youngest one would come home with me the other one was scared and ran away I don't know why abuse maybe.

It is a black female good looking dog other than she has not missed to many meals. I through a dead sharptail that I had,and she retreived it. She is real nice and well behaved she will sit. That is really all I have tried. that is all I really know about her.
Please help me find a good home for her she Is a real sweet mut I don't want to have to take her to the shelter. I am unfortunatly dog poor I have three in a two dog zone so to avoid problems I need to get her someplace fast.

If you just lost her and her freind I am sorry get a hold of me I would love to get her home.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:13 pm

Man I have two already, best of luck Bret. I will keep my ears open. HAve you shot around her to see if she is gunshy?
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Bret » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:48 pm

I have not however I have her in the house right now and she seems quite at home she does sit and I just discovered shake hands she does not know lay down though. Maybe she knows heel too she apears to.

she is to cool to die in a shelter.

If someone wants her we can certainly drive out and pop a few caps to see. The way she was when I found her I think she was abandoned on perpose. I have seen the gunshy kind before though.

:help:

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:59 pm

Bret--the only reason I ask if she is gunshy is because it is one reason people get rid of dogs in the field. It pisses me off to see it though....

You might take her out sometime and shoot around her and throw a bumper, if she goes and gets it she will be easy to find a hunter to take her home...... If not, find a family that needs a nice dog. I wish I had room for another baby!

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Found Her A Home

Postby Bret » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:49 pm

I am very happy to say we found this nice dog a home. :getdown: The second half of her life should go much better than the first half. Thanks for the help Everyone. :thumbsup:

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby carp » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:49 am

Good to her she found a good home. :salude:
carp
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:09 am

Bret,

Your a great guy for finding this dog a home. All labs need forever homes.

:salude:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting