10Gauge19

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

10Gauge19

Postby Jeff The DuckDog » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:38 am

Matt!!

How was your Idaho Trip Bud???? I missed you Thursday afternoon when I was able to reach Utah County to Profitable then I remembered you were on your way that afternnon! Blonde Moment Like always I guess! Let me know how you Did when you get the chance as I am on my Way (Yes at 6:30 AM) to the Lee Kay Center to watch Sue Shoot Skeet this Morning! Saturdays Hunt was a Bust, But the Geese have really stared to work close to and around the Mink Farm. You should be able to start doing very well down there Soon I would Hope! Well you have a Great Day Now and an Even Better Sunday!!

Jeff ~ The DuckDog!

PS I have some New Contacts working in the Preston Area! I will Let you know how they Turn Out ASAP!
Jeff The DuckDog
hunter

Postby 10GAUGE19 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:10 am

Jeff,
The hunt wasn't as good as I would have liked it. I really don't think there are many new birds that have moved into the area. We probably saw 500 to 800 geese compared to several thousand 2 weeks ago. What are your plans for this weekend?? What about a pheasant hunt? Maybe we could show up at my #$*$ ex-brother-in-laws place and shoot all the birds before shooting hours start! :pissed: Give me a call when you get a minute. Have a great day.
Matt
Pilots love to fly "HIGH"
10GAUGE19
hunter

Postby Jeff The DuckDog » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:14 pm

Matt!

I am so Sorry to Hear that! And I think you maybe so Right! Those Storms really changed where the Birds are and how the are Reacting! The Gold Course has been Full of Geese everday and all day! They Never leave now! And my Pals in Preston haven't seen more than a few Hundred Birds in 11 (Since I was up there) days now and haven't shot a single one nor Ducks! I called my Baby sister in Montana last night and same thing there! She and her Hubby even drove along the Yellowstone and no Birds there either!!! I got an Email from my Carver Friend in Idaho Falls and he said they gave up last Wedensady till things got back to normal! Go Figure!

Funny thing is... I could have shot a Limit of Geese at the State Range at Lee Kay Yesterday Morning! I have seen Geese work that area before near the Dog Training area and the rest Ponds but never right in the Middle of the Shot Fall Zone like that! It was snowing and the wind was blowing right out of the west and about 6 bunches of 30 or more came right in and landed not more than 100 yards or so out from the very western trap and skeet houses there. All the ladies couldn't believe it let alone me! One Bunch of 40 or so went 20 yards high right over the Great Salt Lake Gun Club Roof while they were on the line shooting! I had never seen anything like that before! I will bet you have seen Stranger things though!

Matt! now that is way to Funny and I could hear and See Mark now when there were no Birds left! I can do that! LOL Actually I haven't been Even Near there since the last time you and I spent a Very Fun Morning down there! Killer Matt and the Flying Pheasants! LMAO!!!!!!

Hey I would Love to Join you in a Field this Saturday But I haven't been down there to do any Spotting in more than Two Years so I haven't a clue on where to Go now! The Mink Farm is closed to open Hunting while his Family Hunts there on Opening weekend for Pheasants and then to Goose Hunters after that if the Fox's amd Minks are Cool with it, so it is always a carp shoot at best! But if you have any Ideas I would Give anything to spend some time down there or somewhere catching up with you!

Tell you what?? if it is Ok and your Wife won't hate me... I will call you tonight or when ever you say it is OK and after 9 and lets plan on it! I can't think of a Better way to spend some time! Sue can go and get the Trans-Siberian Tickets Saturday cause of the Pre Buy Plan, so Iam Free to do do it!

Again I was hopeing your Trip was worth it and I was sorry to hear it wasn't!

Talk to you Soon!

Jeff ~ The DuckDog!
Jeff The DuckDog
hunter

Postby Jeff The DuckDog » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:58 am

Matt!

I know where all your Geese are!!!

CW and I went by the Gold Course again this Morning (A Section of land right on the NSL and SLC Boarder Just North of the Gold Course Race Track) and The Jordan River ....and even though all the Puddles were frozen solid... There were and estimated 3K worth of Birds Sitting there and about 50 or 60 Swans! The Fields in the Tesoro Land had Geese in them also and also Rose Park Golf Course.. CW saw a small Bunch landing near the old Salt Lake Gun Club Yesterday!

I just thought you might be Interested to know where your Idaho Geese went and I was Killing some time here!

Damn City Geese Anyway!!!

Have a Great Day!
Jeff The DuckDog
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting