Whats this i here about Foiles

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Whats this i here about Foiles

Postby kgrant » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Someoen told me the other day that jeff foiles was charged for poaching or whatever whats the real story and waht do you all think ?
kgrant
hunter

Re: Whats this i here about Foiles

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:16 pm

24. In or about the Fall of 2005, FOILES and T.M., B.R., and J.M. drove to a city park in Loveland, Colorado, after learning that numerous Canada geese with leg bands and neck collars where at the park. FOILES used bread to entice banded geese near his vehicle, shot the geese with a pellet gun, retrieved the geese, and removed their leg bands or neck collars. FOILES called this method of collecting goose bands "parking," and subsequently used the collected leg bands to decorate his duck and goose call lanyard, which he wore prominently on his commercial hunting videos to advertise his skill and experience as a migratory waterfowl hunter.

He has also lead hundreds of hunts to his club where he guides hunters to illegally take an excessive ammount of ducks, geese, and swan out of season. to me, he is the MOST worthless piece of crap to ever pick up a shotgun. i would not buy anything that has his name on it if i were paid. google his name and you'll see the crap he's pulled. i hope they take all 23 of his guns and never let him hunt for the rest of his life. :no:
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby kgrant » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Ty for telling me that That is Unforgiveable i hope he rots in jail for waht he did he calls himself a waterfowler that man doesnt derserve to even pickup a gun let alone a shotgun that jsut makes me sick to hear that but ty for the info now its up to us to show that waterfowlers arent as stupid as ppl think takes one idiot to ruin it for all of us
kgrant
hunter

Postby bulrider98 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:29 am

It is people like him that give all kinds of hunters a bad name. I do know that Colorado is teamed up with 23 other states including utah, wyoming, and idaho that if convicted of poaching in one state you loose hunting privaleges in all of the others too. Its also acts like this that give the enviromentalists more reasons to outlaw hunting altogether. I hope they throw the book at him.
bulrider98
hunter

Postby canvas6 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:03 pm

I was in minnesota not to long ago and guess who I seen....????jeff him self and an outdoor expo with his stuff for sale . Wft he shouldnt have anything to do wirh waterfowl
hold my beer and watch this sh%T
canvas6
hunter

Postby kgrant » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:45 pm

yrha i bought a hat and a poly call a while ago at an expo and now i dunno waht to do with it burn it ? or shoot it but he doesnt desrve to even be at Expos
kgrant
hunter

Postby firebird » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Sadly canada has so far only hit him with a 14,500 dollar fine and a three year ban on hunting in Canada. Most of the charges against him stemmed from his cruel and unethical behavior towards the birds. They don't really touch on poaching and excessive limits etc. There are still more charges pending but I for one am disappointed in the court system. This is a black eye to US hunters abroad and sportsmen in general. This is a well documented case against a true SLOB and near as I can tell he is getting off with barely a wrist slap. If you share my opinion, boycott his products and don't follow his example. My source is a newpaper called the Edmonton Sun-available online.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby cbroche10 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:22 am

The unfortuneate fact of what he did is gave hunting yet another black eye. Cannot even believe he would PELLET gun park geese. What a coward!! To the guy who asked if he should burn his call? YES! Then go buy an RNT or a Tim Grounds made call. Jeff Foiles needs to be banned for life! He has no Duck Hunter Honor!!

BTW,

Goin out tomorrow morning!!!! Birds have been really moving this morning!
Cory Roche
Duck Busters Inc.
Corinne Utah
cbroche10
hunter

Postby kgrant » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:24 pm

that i will do to the fires the call goes =p i know he is a coward and i wish we could give him black eyes=p but we have to fix waht he has done by being the best hunters we can be ethically and conserveitvly* lol ia lvoe how you put the plug in for hunting tomorrow lawl
kgrant
hunter

Postby Levelander Himself » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Anybody want to buy a Straight Meat Honker??? Oh and a Staraight Meat Mallard???
Levelander Himself
hunter

Postby mojo1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:59 am

I'm not ditching my calls I already paid for! Thats like blaming a pencil for misspelled words.

He got caught, he's gonna pay for it. He has lost all his sponsors too. Recon he's done in the indursty.

I doubt his call company stays open for much longer either. Somebody else will probally start making them under another name soon after that.
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Postby skybusterbob » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 am

I'd buy his calls they are good. If you want to protest him burn his call vs selling it. That's like finding drugs in your house and selling it again or blaming spoons for making rose d fat.
skybusterbob
hunter

Postby firebird » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 pm

I saw where his son has taken over the business. There are so many other choices today I still can't see a reason to purchase a Foiles product...Not going to burn what I do have though, heck I spent alot of money to get what I have! Feel bad for his kid, not sure if "like father like son" or the "apple doesn't fall far the tree" applies or not but it would be tough to try to keep a company with that sort of reputation at its helm.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby Pumpgunner » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:19 am

I've noticed that neither Cabelas or Macks are carrying his stuff any more. I still think he got off a bit lightly but his career seems like it's pretty much over. Arrogance and greed came around on him I guess. I hope that maybe he will get a chance to start over and start appreciating the simple things again.
Avery- the K-Mart of waterfowl gear.
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby foulmouth » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:43 pm

its all to comical all the hating going on. I personally heart foiles :crying: he put out the best dvd his calls were good. nevermind the fact that half the guys hating on him pull the same shat. Like the two jack wagons out on utah lake last saturday jacking up shots at geese that were 100 yds in the air :mad: or that guide that got busted on hooked on utah with the fourth shell. all I have to say is "one over the limit" best dvd ever made :fingerhead:
foulmouth
hunter

Postby duaney2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Welcome to the forum foulmouth, aka...Jeff :lol3:
duaney2
hunter

Postby mojo1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Pumpgunner wrote:I've noticed that neither Cabelas or Macks are carrying his stuff any more. I still think he got off a bit lightly but his career seems like it's pretty much over. Arrogance and greed came around on him I guess. I hope that maybe he will get a chance to start over and start appreciating the simple things again.

they have a little of it left in inventory they just don't advertise it.
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Postby skybusterbob » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:06 am

I'm sure nobody here has every party hunted and shot birds til everyone's limit was filmed. Now the parking geese is bad. I personally have never done anything illegal so I will cast stones from my glass house. :biggrin:
skybusterbob
hunter

Postby duaney2 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:32 pm

skybusterbob wrote:I'm sure nobody here has every party hunted and shot birds til everyone's limit was filmed. Now the parking geese is bad. I personally have never done anything illegal so I will cast stones from my glass house. :biggrin:

I don't understand, is shooting a total of birds that fulfills each person's limit illegal?
duaney2
hunter

Postby skybusterbob » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm

duaney2 wrote:
skybusterbob wrote:I'm sure nobody here has every party hunted and shot birds til everyone's limit was filmed. Now the parking geese is bad. I personally have never done anything illegal so I will cast stones from my glass house. :biggrin:

I don't understand, is shooting a total of birds that fulfills each person's limit illegal?

Yes if you shot your 7 birds and your buddy has zero you are supposed to be done. It's illegal to shoot your guides limit too when he isn't even shooting. Party hunting is frowned on and I'm sure only Foiles is only one to ever do it and no one on here had done it before.
skybusterbob
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:59 pm

skybusterbob wrote:
duaney2 wrote:

Yes if you shot your 7 birds and your buddy has zero you are supposed to be done. It's illegal to shoot your guides limit too when he isn't even shooting. Party hunting is frowned on and I'm sure only Foiles is only one to ever do it and no one on here had done it before.

but what he would do is call his friends, get their lisence number, because he had to write down what was killed on his club, and kill another 2 or 3 limits.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby duaney2 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:12 pm

skybusterbob wrote:
duaney2 wrote:

I've thoroughly read my states regulations and there is no mention of what you are referring to anywhere.
duaney2
hunter

Postby foulmouth » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:13 pm

waterfowl are federally regulated. mmmmm.... me thinks you need to read it again. or ask your local dwr officer or just don't tell him. :lol3:
foulmouth
hunter

Postby skybusterbob » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:19 am

duaney2 wrote:
I've thoroughly read my states regulations and there is no mention of what you are referring to anywhere.

As foulmouth said feds my friend control waterfowl and set bag limits. It's illegal everyone does it but technically your only allowed your limit. Utah spells it out with one person in definitions of bag limits.
skybusterbob
hunter

Postby duaney2 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:34 pm

foulmouth wrote:waterfowl are federally regulated. mmmmm.... me thinks you need to read it again. or ask your local dwr officer or just don't tell him. :lol3:

Me thinks I did read my states regs very thoroughly and it says nothing about it anywhere. Me also thinks that if my hunting partner and I decide to fill our total bag limit together regardless of who shoots what it is our decision and no one elses' to make.
duaney2
hunter

Next

Return to Utah Duck Hunting