Hunting Southern Utah (cedar city)

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Hunting Southern Utah (cedar city)

Postby magnumduckdog » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:33 pm

I have been scouting down here for ducks and geese but cant seem to find a hot spot. does anyone know of one?
magnumduckdog
hunter

Postby carp » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:22 pm

Have you looked at Otter creek or Piute.
carp
hunter

Postby honer » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:26 pm

:toofunny:
Last edited by honer on Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honer
State Moderator

Postby carp » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:14 am

Sorry I havent.
carp
hunter

Southern Utah

Postby stampnducks » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:13 pm

Gunlock and Quail are great to hunt but birds usually don't come in until December on. Being State regulated there are designated areas only. Minersville Res. is allright but very low. Creeks are awesome when things freeze up. Take anyone out on my scully if interested.
stampnducks
hunter

Re: Southern Utah

Postby tyorme » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:12 pm

stampnducks wrote:Gunlock and Quail are great to hunt but birds usually don't come in until December on. Being State regulated there are designated areas only. Minersville Res. is allright but very low. Creeks are awesome when things freeze up. Take anyone out on my scully if interested.

Hey I would love to go out on your scully to hunt waterfowl. Ive been in cedar for a while and havent found a good spot thats close. I love to duck hunt. I need a place to go that won't take most of a day to hunt. Please let me know if you've got a good spot. Thanks- Tyrell
tyorme@yahoo.com
tyorme
Newb

Re: Hunting Southern Utah (cedar city)

Postby Nathaniel Pugh » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Hey guys

I know this post is really old and probably not watched any more but, I thought I should take a shot.

I Just listed 40 acres in Quichapa for $15,000. As you probably know, this lake varies widely is its size. The photo I included is one from 2011 showing the land completely submerged. The Eastern portion of the land is some of the deepest in the lake and of course holds water longer than most land.

If you (or anyone you know) are at all interested in this land please give me a call.

Thanks and I would love to see this land go to someone the duck hunting community(for preservation)...even though I don't duck hunt.....yet.

Nathaniel Pugh
435-531-6716
nathanielpugh@gmail.com
Attachments
6.jpg
Areal
Nathaniel Pugh
Newb

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Nathaniel Pugh wrote:Hey guys

I know this post is really old and probably not watched any more but, I thought I should take a shot.

I Just listed 40 acres in Quichapa for $15,000. As you probably know, this lake varies widely is its size. The photo I included is one from 2011 showing the land completely submerged. The Eastern portion of the land is some of the deepest in the lake and of course holds water longer than most land.

If you (or anyone you know) are at all interested in this land please give me a call.

Thanks and I would love to see this land go to someone the duck hunting community(for preservation)...even though I don't duck hunt.....yet.

Nathaniel Pugh
435-531-6716
nathanielpugh@gmail.com

Wow really??? You mean when it has water in it during duck season which is every 15 to 20 years on average :fingerhead: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then add in the fact that the water district wants to dig a large hole in the middle to try to get the water into the water table faster :help:

It is a great spot for all the dike shooters though when the lake is full :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby richard rouleau » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 pm

what i think hunted that spot like last year and the year before walk all way across it but it will be other 20 year or so when the water is in it again
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting