Grandson having fun this season

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Grandson having fun this season

Postby Irish Lad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Been pretty slow so far down here in Southern Utah, but my grandson has had a blast getting new species for him. He enjoys ID'ing the Ducks. His pup is having fun too and doing well :thumbsup:
Copy (2) of IMG_5924.JPG
1st Gadwall, Shoveler and Ruddy
IMG_7044.jpg
1st Redhead Hen
IMG_7048.JPG
1st Mallard
IMG_7059.JPG
1st Bufflehead
Irish Lad
hunter

Re: Grandson having fun this season

Postby Simple » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 pm

To me that right there is what duck hunting is all about. Congrats on all those firsts. Love taking my 4 year old out and teaching him the art of waterfowl even if we do only get one. :clapping:
Simple
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Simple wrote:To me that right there is what duck hunting is all about.

X2 This kid gets a single duck all day but has a great big smile. Thanks for posting the pics.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Great pics. :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby benellired89 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:05 am

I second that about taking a kid out to the swamp not a better feeling to watch my boy smile come on his face when i shoot a duck

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
benellired89
hunter

Postby treefrog » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Smart kid. Getting one duck is infinitely better than not going hunting at all. Some hunters seem to not get that.
treefrog
hunter

Postby Irish Lad » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:00 pm

He added a wigeon to the list tonight :biggrin:
Attachments
IMG_7061.JPG
Wigeons
Irish Lad
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:07 pm

He's doing well out there :thumbsup: I am surprised its not icing up yet. Too bad there will be no water in it for him to hunt it for the next few years until the next big winter :sad:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Duck_Acres » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:29 pm

This sucks! Your grandson is getting firsts that I haven't even got! :thumbsup: Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Duck_Acres
Newb

Postby richard rouleau » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm

very nice there where i was at it had ice init this morring on south end there
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Postby Irish Lad » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 am

He added Green Wing Teal yesterday :smile: . He was greatly pleased that he got 2 of those rockets. He got muddy and tired, but he said it was worth it :thumbsup: .
Attachments
IMG_7073.jpg
Irish Lad
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 am

Hes having a great season with his grandpa :thumbsup: Dont get any better than that :beer:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Wack em', stack em', pack em' » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:58 am

S. Utah is better than northern... with less idiots and more ethical people too. Maybe I should head down there. :huh:
Wack em', stack em', pack em'
hunter

Postby Irish Lad » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:18 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Hes having a great season with his grandpa :thumbsup: Dont get any better than that :beer:

Amen!!!!
Irish Lad
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Wack em', stack em', pack em' wrote:S. Utah is better than northern... with less idiots and more ethical people too. Maybe I should head down there. :huh:

Not even close. See the dike they are on........Let’s just say it’s like center dike at farmington. The birds pass over it and most day's it don't seem to matter how high they are for a lot of the guys I have seen hunting from it.

Irish lad I am in no way implying that is what your grandson is doing. I have just seen a lot of it from the dike on there.
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Irish Lad » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:59 am

hamernhonkers wrote:
Wack em', stack em', pack em' wrote:S. Utah is better than northern... with less idiots and more ethical people too. Maybe I should head down there. :huh:

Not even close. See the dike they are on........Let’s just say it’s like center dike at farmington. The birds pass over it and most day's it don't seem to matter how high they are for a lot of the guys I have seen hunting from it.

Irish lad I am in no way implying that is what your grandson is doing. I have just seen a lot of it from the dike on there.

No offense taken. There is a lot less waterfowlers down here (less birds too :sad: ). I would venture a guess that percentage wise ethical vs unethical hunters is the same more or less. The dike you see does seem to attract a lot of skyscrapers & late shooters. We only hunted it youth day. We park there and hike about 1/4 mile. The skyscrapers can frustrate us. I take the pictures when we get back to the truck.
Irish Lad
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting