First time hunting heading to Timpie Springs

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

First time hunting heading to Timpie Springs

Postby bennycisco » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Taking one of my son out on our first hunt. Any update or clues to that area, shoot from dikes, heavily hunted, need waders, blind, decoys? Little nervous being first time, but I think we have the baseline supplies. If anything, it will be an adventure. Thanks.
bennycisco
Newb

Re: First time hunting heading to Timpie Springs

Postby Pumpgunner » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Be careful of the mud at Timpie, it is thick and deep. I once wondered if I was going to be stuck for life down there. You might have better luck heading north to one of the other WMA's on the lake shore, Timpie is usually not worth it.
Avery- the K-Mart of waterfowl gear.
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby bennycisco » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks for the info on the mud. Since I have recently heard that Timpie is less crowded than other WMAs this may be ideal for us since this is our first outing.
bennycisco
Newb

Postby Simple » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 am

I have heard of a few people talking about this place before. I just have one question where is it?
Simple
hunter

Postby All Ducked Up » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:16 am

bennycisco wrote:Taking one of my son out on our first hunt. Any update or clues to that area, shoot from dikes, heavily hunted, need waders, blind, decoys? Little nervous being first time, but I think we have the baseline supplies. If anything, it will be an adventure. Thanks.

did you end up going out? if so how did you do?
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hunting isn't just something I do, It's a part of who I am.
All Ducked Up
hunter

Postby bennycisco » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Slow. Got there at 8 am and stayed until 1:30. Only saw two pairs come in, but out of range. Bunch of coots sitting out in open water, but couldn't get them off the water. Going to go back out this weekend. Although it was slow, it was great being with my boy.
bennycisco
Newb

Return to Utah Duck Hunting