need help on prop

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

need help on prop

Postby muzz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:38 am

I have 16hp trying to push a 16x48. I have a 9 inch prop but 9x what I don't know what size would be good. And could I do any thing to get more rpm out of my motor. and if so how thanks
muzz
hunter

Re: need help on prop

Postby Simple » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Call Chuck 801-725-6507. He builds mud boats and knows a lot about prop sizes and what goes good with what and he sells props. Widow maker boats is his business. Another guy is backwater props he is out of west haven and should be able to answer your question. I can get his number to you as well if needed. Sorry i coouldnt answer it but hope this helps
Simple
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Muzz I have some wore down props probably 7-6 pitch my 27HP runs 9-6 when new I think 9inch is why to big for your engine p.m me if you want to run one ill make you a good deal.
cootlover
hunter

Postby SwampRat95 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:06 am

Simple wrote:Call Chuck 801-725-6507. He builds mud boats and knows a lot about prop sizes and what goes good with what and he sells props. Widow maker boats is his business. Another guy is backwater props he is out of west haven and should be able to answer your question. I can get his number to you as well if needed. Sorry i coouldnt answer it but hope this helps
simple got it right if you need help call chuck he fixed my dads boat he had trouble like you are and he had flotation issues he fixed that by building him custom pods to match the curve of his boat and the was it sits in the water he also figured out what prop would suit the work he did and match the boat and motor. I would recommend him to anyone who needs help with their mud boat he's a great guy that knows what he's doing.
Quack Addict
SwampRat95
hunter

Postby Duckassassin001! » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:52 pm

2X :ditto: Chuck hooked me up with some pods and stuff for my boat would recomend him for sure to anyone having trouble with there boat great guy and very good with stuff like this
Full time Hunter Part time Worker
Duckassassin001!
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting