How was everyones hunt today?

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

How was everyones hunt today?

Postby Simple » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:06 pm

I made it out twice today the first i went on my uncles airboat with three other guys. We all limited with teal in 3 hours. Super fun then i came home ate some lunch and took my bro after a swan and geese and HE killed these two studs. Great day all together!!!! How was everyone elses?

Last edited by Simple on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simple
hunter

Re: How was everyones hunt today?

Postby duckslayer74 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:21 pm

So you limited on teal right, 7 birds? Then you go back out later and shoot 2 more? The dailey limit on ducks is only 7 and you just told everyone you shot 9.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby highrisetackle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:56 pm

X2^ sound like some poaching?
69 shots

15 mallards
5 gadwal
1 honker
1 ring neck..
1 goldeneye
1 new gun
highrisetackle
hunter

Postby Holeinmywaders » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Not to pile on but, yeah what they said.

My hunts were good. I ended with two gadwall and a beautiful greenwing. I am just trying to get retrieves for my dog so it was not a bad day. I got plans for the morning.
Holeinmywaders
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 pm

P.S you shouldn't brag about "POACHING" THE LIMIT is seven a day not each time you go out in a day :fingerhead:
cootlover
hunter

Postby duck jerky » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:41 pm

:no: :fingerpt: :fingerhead: nno!:
duck jerky
hunter

Postby richyrich307 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:05 pm

WOW!!!!! We need to turn this guy in to game&fish. This is absolutely ridiculous! This kind of crap seriously pisses me off. Hunting privileges should be terminated.
richyrich307
hunter

Postby highrisetackle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Already done
69 shots

15 mallards
5 gadwal
1 honker
1 ring neck..
1 goldeneye
1 new gun
highrisetackle
hunter

Postby meekhunter7 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Not defending poaching by any means... But have you ever sped on the free way or ran a stop sign? These bag limits are set to help bird population and keep sportsman ethical. Is it ethical for someone to take their allotted limit every single day? Is this the way you want your tax dollars spent? prosecuting this guy? Just the uproar that came from the previous six posts would probably been enough of an eye opener for him not to do it again. Now he will not be able to hunt for years and heaven forbid shoot two birds over his limit again even if it was this one time. So speed on, and may you continue to take the radical approach to culling out unethical hunters rather than just helping educate them.
meekhunter7
hunter

Postby Factor 8 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Ooops! The daily bag limit is indeed 7 ducks. Looks like you are learning that the hard way. Own your mistake and learn from it.
Factor 8
hunter

Postby highrisetackle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:12 pm

meekhunter7 wrote:Not defending poaching by any means... But have you ever sped on the free way or ran a stop sign? These bag limits are set to help bird population and keep sportsman ethical. Is it ethical for someone to take their allotted limit every single day? Is this the way you want your tax dollars spent? prosecuting this guy? Just the uproar that came from the previous six posts would probably been enough of an eye opener for him not to do it again. Now he will not be able to hunt for years and heaven forbid shoot two birds over his limit again even if it was this one time. So speed on, and may you continue to take the radical approach to culling out unethical hunters rather than just helping educate them.

Well considering they have a hunter salty course and a rule book. Rules are rules. Same as speeding and tuning a stop sign. And those that go out and shoot a limit every time they go out are swells at fault. You are only around a positionlist of 14 birds. Eat 1 and your bag limit the next time u hunt is 1 . I weather my tax money go to keeping people on their hunting ethics then supporting people on welfare to support there drug habits
69 shots

15 mallards
5 gadwal
1 honker
1 ring neck..
1 goldeneye
1 new gun
highrisetackle
hunter

Postby highrisetackle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:14 pm

I hate auto correct.
69 shots

15 mallards
5 gadwal
1 honker
1 ring neck..
1 goldeneye
1 new gun
highrisetackle
hunter

Postby Johnnyfresh » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Sons of snitches...
The man at the top, didn't fall there

Ducks- 13
Johnnyfresh
hunter

Postby Wack em', stack em', pack em' » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:26 pm

9 ducks? How about we all unplug our guns, use lead shot, and shoot before and after hours.... Gotta love some honest/ignorant poachers.... people these days, no respect for the birds. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Wack em', stack em', pack em'
hunter

Postby SwampRat95 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Went out to Ogden bay today wasn't able to shoot any ducks but there was a ton of swans out there saw more swans then ducks if I hadn't already shot my swan I could of shot at one to try and get a swan about every 10 minutes.
Quack Addict
SwampRat95
hunter

Postby Simple » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:13 am

Wow, this was takin way wrong. After reading my post i realize how that came across. Sorry and no i was not poaching guys, yes i did limit on teal this morning and yes i went out again tonight but i wasnt the one hunting. I took my brother in law out after his swan and he killed the two pins. When i said "killed these two pins" i ment he killed out of my boat. I dont know any of you guys but i will say this i know your going to read this and say he is full of it but this is not true. I am an ethical hunter. Unlike most guys if i down a bird and am unable to find it i still count it as a kill. I dont just pretend it didint happen and get a free be. Once again im sorry for the confusion.
Simple
hunter

Postby Simple » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 am

I just edited my origanal post so that there will be no more accusing or misunderstanding.

SwampRat95 wrote:Went out to Ogden bay today wasn't able to shoot any ducks but there was a ton of swans out there saw more swans then ducks if I hadn't already shot my swan I could of shot at one to try and get a swan about every 10 minutes.

Dang we saw a few but couldnt get any close....low enough to drop. They are fast birds.
Simple
hunter

Postby one8sevenn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:03 am

Dude, I figured as much. Nice Hunting today.
Just scaring ducks with high velocity steel BB's
one8sevenn
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am

Simple wrote:Wow, this was takin way wrong. After reading my post i realize how that came across. Sorry and no i was not poaching guys, yes i did limit on teal this morning and yes i went out again tonight but i wasnt the one hunting. I took my brother in law out after his swan and he killed the two pins. When i said "killed these two pins" i ment he killed out of my boat. I dont know any of you guys but i will say this i know your going to read this and say he is full of it but this is not true. I am an ethical hunter. Unlike most guys if i down a bird and am unable to find it i still count it as a kill. I dont just pretend it didint happen and get a free be. Once again im sorry for the confusion.
Attachments
worf_facepalm.jpeg
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm

There is no law saying if you down a bird and cant retrieve it that you have to count it as part of your limit .Its say's you have to give a reasonable effort to retrieve the down bird .
cootlover
hunter

Postby Simple » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:31 pm

cootlover wrote:There is no law saying if you down a bird and cant retrieve it that you have to count it as part of your limit .Its say's you have to give a reasonable effort to retrieve the down bird .

No i know that there is no law thats just how i hunt, not saying thats how it should be.
Simple
hunter

Postby Holeinmywaders » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Simple wrote:
cootlover wrote:There is no law saying if you down a bird and cant retrieve it that you have to count it as part of your limit .Its say's you have to give a reasonable effort to retrieve the down bird .

No i know that there is no law thats just how i hunt, not saying thats how it should be.

I hunt the same way. I feel like a bad hunter if I know I killed a bird and was not able to retrieve it. Just how I feel about it. If others don't feel the same way thats OK. I do lots of stuff others might not think ethical but which are legal. Thing about hunting is you can make your own special rules within the laws play your own game.
Holeinmywaders
hunter

Postby richyrich307 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 pm

It happened to me today. Shot a redhead and he flew for at least another 300 yards and my brother swore he saw it go down. Spent almost an hour looking for that dang bird with no luck. First time it has happened to me this season. I hated when it happens, drives me nuts.
richyrich307
hunter

Postby Curtis 870 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 am

Simple wrote:I made it out twice today the first i went on my uncles airboat with three other guys. We all limited with teal in 3 hours. Super fun then i came home ate some lunch and took my bro after a swan and geese and[b] HE [/b]killed these two studs. Great day all together!!!! How was everyone elses?
His brother killed them not him.
Curtis 870
hunter

Postby Duckassassin001! » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:09 pm

WOW
Full time Hunter Part time Worker
Duckassassin001!
hunter

Next

Return to Utah Duck Hunting