Farming-ton-o-nothin!

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Farming-ton-o-nothin!

Postby All Ducked Up » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:26 pm

So, I did it went against my instincts and tried out a new area, I drove up to Farmington on the south entrance and hiked around for about three hours. Let me just say I had a map and everything and I have never been so confused in an area to hunt ducks in my life, I would walk for awhile BAM private, turn around walk in a different direction BAM buffer zone. So I know that some people will say, "you didn't study the map very well" and all that but other than the maze of confusion in walking around the dikes there were hardly any birds outside this huge buffer zone. I would like to find a place that I could walk into when a boat is not available but I'm starting to think Farmington is not it (at least the south side)

I hope you guys have a better experience than I did at Farmington (didn't even take the shotty off safe)

I know it's been a long day off nothing and walking when I start looking at coots the way I was.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hunting isn't just something I do, It's a part of who I am.

2013 - 2014 count

6 Mallards
6 Pins
4 Gads
10 GW Teal
7 Cinn Teal
1 Wigeon
and
2 Shovies :(
All Ducked Up
hunter

Re: Farming-ton-o-nothin!

Postby elkohalic » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Hunting out at Farmington is tough right now i quit going there after the last two times i went i didn't even fire my gun. I would wait till a big storm comes in and pushes a northern flock down there until then i'm not going there other than that if you know someone with a boat and has a honey hole out there its as good as any place its all a hit and miss there especially when you walk the dikes.
The three precious metals that built america gold , silver and ...lead
elkohalic
hunter

Postby Hagen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm

I was there open to close and took 7 shots... im thinkin it's time for somewhere. New or be done
Hagen
hunter

Postby kwalk3 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Was out there yesterday afternoon for a few hours, and we had enough shooting to keep us busy pretty much the whole time we were out there. Our problem was that we were shooting blanks. :oops: I struggle with the way teal fly sometimes. We weren't at the south entrance though. I haven't really had a ton of luck down that way.
kwalk3
hunter

Postby simpleyork » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 pm

most definitely Blanks!
Darn birds lol
it's not how many you get but how many you say you get
simpleyork
hunter

Postby jake001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Ha ha. Don't u just love those days where u couldn't even shoot ur own decoys off the water. And ducky, if u think u can manage running the boat without sinking her she is all yours.
jake001
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting