shot. choke.!!!!???????

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Re: shot. choke.!!!!???????

Postby slcduckkilla » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:I'd agree with a sight. I stuck the biggest fiber optic sight I could find on the end of my gun. My aim improved significantly. When I look down the sights at a duck, there's a big red dot outlined in bright yellow leading it. I think it has helped me make quicker shots and had made it easier to line up the shot. A sight accompanied with my full choke at 25 yards tops, I'm a happy hunter.

What I learned is with the sight adjustment it allowed me to look down the barrel and stay on the gun easier. with the stock sight I often looked over the site. I do practice a lot I shoot between 4 and 8 rounds of 5 stand a week all summer. As for the Benelli I shoot an SX3 Maxus and SBE II. All of these guns seem to function equally they all have short comings and shoot and pattern a little differently. I shoot Patternmaster exclusively out of each gun. I like all of the guns but have been gunning my 20 Sx3 almost exclusively this year. Its lighter and with less recoil my follow up shots are far more accurate....
slcduckkilla
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:44 pm

slcduckkilla wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:I'd agree with a sight. I stuck the biggest fiber optic sight I could find on the end of my gun. My aim improved significantly. When I look down the sights at a duck, there's a big red dot outlined in bright yellow leading it. I think it has helped me make quicker shots and had made it easier to line up the shot. A sight accompanied with my full choke at 25 yards tops, I'm a happy hunter.

What I learned is with the sight adjustment it allowed me to look down the barrel and stay on the gun easier. with the stock sight I often looked over the site. I do practice a lot I shoot between 4 and 8 rounds of 5 stand a week all summer. As for the Benelli I shoot an SX3 Maxus and SBE II. All of these guns seem to function equally they all have short comings and shoot and pattern a little differently. I shoot Patternmaster exclusively out of each gun. I like all of the guns but have been gunning my 20 Sx3 almost exclusively this year. Its lighter and with less recoil my follow up shots are far more accurate....

I got rid of my M2 20ga in October to buy my X3 20ga, that gun is a pleasure to shoot.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby slcduckkilla » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:54 pm

duckslayer74 wrote:
slcduckkilla wrote:

I got rid of my M2 20ga in October to buy my X3 20ga, that gun is a pleasure to shoot.

What shells are you shooting? I like the Winchester Xpert 2 shot 1 Ounce load. I haven't been able to find this ammunition lately seems to be sold out.
slcduckkilla
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Wong-Mart carries almost nothing but this. I always save my Cabelas points and use a coupon during the summer and buy 2 cases.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Previous

Return to Utah Duck Hunting