Great Salt Lake Questions

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Great Salt Lake Questions

Postby All Ducked Up » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Here we sit on top of the great salt lake and I have no idea where you can and can't hunt on the GSL, I look for maps and beyond WMA'S I can't find any info on it. The hard freeze is coming and there is going to be portions of the lake open but WHERE CAN YOU HUNT?

anybody have info on open and closed areas on the GSL.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hunting isn't just something I do, It's a part of who I am.

2013 - 2014 count

6 Mallards
6 Pins
4 Gads
10 GW Teal
7 Cinn Teal
1 Wigeon
and
2 Shovies :(
All Ducked Up
hunter

Re: Great Salt Lake Questions

Postby utahgolf » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:23 pm

you use to be able to head out by salt air and cruise up that frontage road and walk out to the lake and hunt. spoony heaven and sometimes teal. But i heard they posted a lot of that beach area? I haven't done it in years.
utahgolf
hunter

Postby jake001 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:22 pm

That might make for a good day of scouting. Lot of area to cover on that journey though. Better pack a lunch!!!
jake001
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:12 am

jake001 wrote:That might make for a good day of scouting. Lot of area to cover on that journey though. Better pack a lunch!!!

X2 get scoutin
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting