Quick hunt today. I give up.

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Quick hunt today. I give up.

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Went out to Ogden Bay today for an hour and a half. I knew of a small pond clear the crap out of the way that was chuck full of mallards. I started heading out when out of nowhere, a small helicopter buzzed me and scared away all of the ducks. This thing was hauling butt through toolies and landed in the parking lot. A few seconds later, he buzzed all of the toolies again and then took off. I called the fish and game and they had an officer call me back. I guess 2 airports do training out there illegally and they had received calls from other hunters earlier this month of them doing it. I couldn't get the chopper's numbers but I gave him a description and he said he would call in because it wasn't one of theirs doing surveys. I think I may be cursed so I don't think I'll head out tomorrow as I had planned. I'll take a break this weekend and maybe go for it next weekend.

On a side note, I saw around 100 swan.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Re: Quick hunt today. I give up.

Postby cootlover » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

What the limit on helis :huh:
cootlover
hunter

Postby Simple » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Wow that is crap. Can you imagine flying over hunters ha ha sketchy. I had this happen last year when i was cow elk hunting up in morgan. Found the heard up on top of this bowl so we hiked our tails off in the snow to get in front of them. We were about 30 yards from cresting the ridge when a helicopter flew up out of the bowl and chased all of our elk way out away from us. It was the last day of the hunt and when we called fish and game they said it was one of there helicopters and the had been out to antelope island and had extra fuel to burn so they cruised up there. I cant believe that somebody would buzz the marsh like that though, bummer.
Simple
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 pm

I was out at Willard Bay hunting about 4 years ago when all the sudden from behind me a 2 seat plane buzzed me. The wind was blowing and I never heard him coming, the wingtip was less than 20' from me and the whole plane was below the top of the dike. The pilot was at eye level and he was close enough I could see the black design on his headset. He was lucky, I almost unloaded my gun being starteled like that. I called Box Elder Co. Sheriff and let them know as well as Weber Co.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby bulrider98 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 am

I was out in cutler last week and had a Helicopter buzzing back and forth across the marsh I know they seen me because they flew directly over my head a couple of times. I just chalcked it up to my bad luck this year.
bulrider98
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting