what a night

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

what a night

Postby highrisetackle » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 pm

The duck hunters dream. Singles doubles flocks of 4-10 birds coming in every 5 to 10 mins and its only 2:30. 2 guys 30+ shots and GUESS WHAT...yeah didn't hit a single thing. Looked like a war zone with all the spent shells. Then nothing after 4 . But betterthen sitting at home. Met a new hunting buddy thanks to the.forum and was able to take him out and enjoy what Utah has to offer
69 shots

15 mallards
5 gadwal
1 honker
1 ring neck..
1 goldeneye
1 new gun
highrisetackle
hunter

Re: what a night

Postby Factor 8 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Was the birds in range? Was you jumping them to early before they were in the deeks? Was you pass shooting? Just trying to figure why you posted this about how birds were everywhere yet you appear to have shot your shoulder sore and came up with nothing. Right?....

A duck hunters dream is having birds I your face and watching a few of them fall. At least that's what I dream about.

Anyhow good on you for being in the right spot at the right time :thumbsup:
Factor 8
hunter

Postby jake001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 am

I've had days like this. Where u swear ur shooting blanks. Heck last time out birds were flying all over, decoying nicely. Had one not 30 ft out practically not moving, and still missed. Went out a week prior one night and went 7 for 7. Some days u just wake up cross eyed I guess.
jake001
hunter

Postby richyrich307 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:52 am

I had the same dream/nightmare last night. Tons of duck just could not hit a single thing. They were not really easy shots though. Lots of fast fly byes, just couldnt get them in the deeks very well. My spread will be a bit defferent tonight thats for sure.
richyrich307
hunter

Postby Kevin N » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:32 am

sounds like farmington bay center dike!!! must have been a riot!
Kevin N
hunter

Postby highrisetackle » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Well i guess my daily limit is 1. Once again. Lots of shootingand 1 bird down.
69 shots

15 mallards
5 gadwal
1 honker
1 ring neck..
1 goldeneye
1 new gun
highrisetackle
hunter

Postby blackandwhites » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:48 am

Sounds like the perfect hunt to me. Lots of birds, lots of shooting, only one bird to take home and dress out. :hi:
blackandwhites
hunter

Postby blackandwhites » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:51 am

Factor 8 wrote:Was the birds in range? Was you jumping them to early before they were in the deeks? Was you pass shooting? Just trying to figure why you posted this about how birds were everywhere yet you appear to have shot your shoulder sore and came up with nothing. Right?....

A duck hunters dream is having birds I your face and watching a few of them fall. At least that's what I dream about.

Anyhow good on you for being in the right spot at the right time :thumbsup:

Kevin N wrote:sounds like farmington bay center dike!!! must have been a riot!

Wow you girls must not be getting into the birds these days. A little up tight are we?
blackandwhites
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting