Ice up

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Ice up

Postby billybass23 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Looking at the temperatures it looks like it's not even going to get above freezing tomorrow. Between today's pretty chilly temps and tomorrow, do you figure that the marshes will start freezing up hard? I was wondering about Farmington Thursday morning, do you think the Turpin will be froze solid? If so, enough to walk on?
billybass23
hunter

Re: Ice up

Postby slcduckkilla » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:46 pm

billybass23 wrote:Looking at the temperatures it looks like it's not even going to get above freezing tomorrow. Between today's pretty chilly temps and tomorrow, do you figure that the marshes will start freezing up hard? I was wondering about Farmington Thursday morning, do you think the Turpin will be froze solid? If so, enough to walk on?

By Friday morning I think it will be a hard freeze there will be some open water. I spoke with my friend that is a care taker at one of the private clubs just off of Farmington he said it is not frozen yet but the duck count has been cut in half the last couple of days.
slcduckkilla
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting