KSL

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

KSL

Postby cootlover » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 pm

It looks like ksl is a bunch tree huggin hippies they took the firearm section off the classifieds there just as bad as Dicks sporting goods :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 pm


Re: KSL

Postby duckslayer74 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Thats Bull$hit, I understand that people are hurting but this is a joke. I'd give up everything I own to have those kids back but it was the PSYCHO behind the gun that did that disgusting deed not the gun!!!!!!!!! Maybe the newspaper classifieds will pick up again??????
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
User avatar
duckslayer74
hunter
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Location: Harrisville, UT

Re: KSL

Postby Simple » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 pm

This crap. Guns are going to get real hard to get real quick. They even took off the hunting equipment as well, however they left the reloading supplies. We as gun holders and hunters and collectors should protest against KSL. As the act of one selfish man taking lives of others, everyone that owns a gun has to be punished. Ksl should and could find other ways to show there sorrow for those that have been lost. And I dont mean to sound heartless in an of that, i work in the schools and am around kids every day and feel bad for what has happened.
Simple
hunter
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:54 pm
Location: Brigham City UT

Re: KSL

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Wow this crazy! I was actually looking at KSL guns earlier today because I'm thinking about getting another AR before they become untouchable. I obviously won't be getting it through KSL. What a bunch of misguided dimwits. Why is it so hard to understand that preventing law abiding citizens from obtaining guns will only make those hell-bent on commiting crimes be the only ones with guns?
quacknstack6 wrote:L&L is right
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: KSL

Postby cootlover » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Because most people are sheep they follow the leader right off the cliff :fingerpt:
cootlover
hunter
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: KSL

Postby BBQ Fingers » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm

I understand why they would do this at this time. I hope it returns without too much controversy. The truth is that they make little money on these classifieds adds and they stand more to gain by shutting it down than keeping it going. I hope this helps take KSL out of any political crosshairs that may arise as these gun classifieds are hot topics with gun Contol advocates. Gun Contol advocates have probably never had as much power as they do right now.

If nothing else I feel like removing the adds is an example of showing a little respect to those families mourning their losses. As I see other adds for guns in other sections I feel these people are not showing much consideration to the sensitivity of the situation. In some offices in the US today and tomorrow people are going to be using these adds as examples of how easy it is for anyone (bat shiz crazy or model citizen) to get a gun in their hands. Hopefully by being proactive we'll have this service back soon.

I just want to add that I love living in Utah were we have as many gun rights as we do!
BBQ Fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: KSL

Postby jake001 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Download the app. It still has em on there. For now.
jake001
hunter
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:07 am

Re: KSL

Postby Wack em', stack em', pack em' » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:53 pm

This is "no bueno" when I have been lookin' for my wife's concealed gun on there for her xmas present. :mad:
Wack em', stack em', pack em'
hunter
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: KSL

Postby simpleyork » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 am

it's not how many you get but how many you say you get
simpleyork
hunter
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: springville

Re: KSL

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:50 am

BBQ Fingers wrote: I just want to add that I love living in Utah were we have as many gun rights as we do!

I have a very bad feeling that's about to change. :no:
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: KSL

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 am

From KSL:
Like everyone else in the country, the management of KSL is profoundly saddened by the tragedy in Connecticut. In the wake of this and other similar incidents, important questions have been raised about the ease of access to guns. These questions deserve time for careful consideration and we are confident that an appropriate resolution will be found.
Accordingly, KSL has temporarily suspended firearms listings on KSL.com classifieds. We recognize that this may inconvenience responsible citizens who have used this service, but we feel this is an important step while these broader societal issues are examined.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: KSL

Postby Weg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 am

I plan on informing ksl that due to there decision I can no longer support them or any of their advertisers through ads placed on ksl's website due to this decision and it had forced me to get my news through a different Utah news agency.

I highly encourage all of you to do the same, we need to voice our opinions to these businesses and aware them of the consequences of their decision.
Weg
hunter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: KSL

Postby richyrich307 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 am

BBQ Fingers wrote:I understand why they would do this at this time. I hope it returns without too much controversy. The truth is that they make little money on these classifieds adds and they stand more to gain by shutting it down than keeping it going. I hope this helps take KSL out of any political crosshairs that may arise as these gun classifieds are hot topics with gun Contol advocates. Gun Contol advocates have probably never had as much power as they do right now.

If nothing else I feel like removing the adds is an example of showing a little respect to those families mourning their losses. As I see other adds for guns in other sections I feel these people are not showing much consideration to the sensitivity of the situation. In some offices in the US today and tomorrow people are going to be using these adds as examples of how easy it is for anyone (bat shiz crazy or model citizen) to get a gun in their hands. Hopefully by being proactive we'll have this service back soon.

I just want to add that I love living in Utah were we have as many gun rights as we do!


I’m sorry but I just do not agree with this. I understand what happened was a horrible tragedy but what KSL has done does not show their consideration to the situation, it in fact says that there are scared of what may happen to our second amendment and they are trying to be proactive and make it that much easier for Congress/Senate/President to do away with our right. If every time there is a shooting/mass murder we as second amendment participates laydown our rights for a while, soon those rights will be gone. What KSL did only says yes we are to blame for what happened and we are sorry so we will just not sell firearms anymore.... and hunting equipment, which makes absolutely no sense.
User avatar
richyrich307
hunter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: KSL

Postby All Ducked Up » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:21 pm

jake001 wrote:Download the app. It still has em on there. For now.


Weg wrote:I plan on informing ksl that due to there decision I can no longer support them or any of their advertisers through ads placed on ksl's website due to this decision and it had forced me to get my news through a different Utah news agency.

I highly encourage all of you to do the same, we need to voice our opinions to these businesses and aware them of the consequences of their decision.



+1
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hunting isn't just something I do, It's a part of who I am.

2013 - 2014 count

6 Mallards
6 Pins
4 Gads
10 GW Teal
7 Cinn Teal
1 Wigeon
and
2 Shovies :(
User avatar
All Ducked Up
hunter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: KSL

Postby Curtis 870 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:14 pm

December 19, 2012

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."



Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at www.CheaperThanDirt.com/blog.


This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106 USA



Not Just KSL
Curtis 870
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 am

Re: KSL

Postby Utahguns.com » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:45 am

I always loved the amount of traffic and amount of listings there. If you list a gun at a reasonable price you will always find a buyer within a couple days. Hopefully we can get everyone rallied together again somewhere else. Maybe utahguns.com :wink:
Utahguns.com
hunter
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:16 am

Re: Re: KSL

Postby Weg » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:19 am

Curtis 870 wrote:December 19, 2012

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."



Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at www.CheaperThanDirt.com/blog.


This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106 USA



Not Just KSL


Have you by chance been on their Facebook site? People are not happy with then either and they are all claiming to be taking their business elsewhere regardless. I guess what bugs me about cheaper than dirt is that right before they suspended sales they were selling $14 AR mags for $56.
Weg
hunter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: KSL

Postby richyrich307 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 am

"Have you by chance been on their Facebook site? People are not happy with then either and they are all claiming to be taking their business elsewhere regardless. I guess what bugs me about cheaper than dirt is that right before they suspended sales they were selling $14 AR mags for $56."

I would have to agree. Maybe its just what I have been looking at but Cheaper than Dirt has always been pretty pricey.
User avatar
richyrich307
hunter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: KSL

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:58 am

http://www.facebook.com/#!/BoycottCheaperThanDirt?fref=ts
Join us in boycotting CTD. I know I'm never doing business with them again.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: KSL

Postby Weg » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:40 pm

So I basically sent a complaint into KSL stating that I felt I could no longer do business with them or their advertisers based upon their decision and this is all I got back

We understand that this is a sensitive topic from many viewpoints. The management of KSL has taken this step to allow for careful consideration of those viewpoints. We realize that this may inconvenience responsible users, but KSL management felt this was an important step to take at this time. If you'd like to offer any feedback, you may e-mail comments@ksl.com. Thank you for sharing your opinion.


One thing that really irritates me is that they addressed my e-mail handle when I signed my original complaint with my actual name which basically tells me that they didn't even read my complaint.
Weg
hunter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: KSL

Postby richyrich307 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Weg wrote:So I basically sent a complaint into KSL stating that I felt I could no longer do business with them or their advertisers based upon their decision and this is all I got back

We understand that this is a sensitive topic from many viewpoints. The management of KSL has taken this step to allow for careful consideration of those viewpoints. We realize that this may inconvenience responsible users, but KSL management felt this was an important step to take at this time. If you'd like to offer any feedback, you may e-mail comments@ksl.com. Thank you for sharing your opinion.


One thing that really irritates me is that they addressed my e-mail handle when I signed my original complaint with my actual name which basically tells me that they didn't even read my complaint.


I too have sent a complaint in. I will wait and see if I get the same reponse you did.
User avatar
richyrich307
hunter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: KSL

Postby BBQ Fingers » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Many of us are so worried about KSL not wanting us to sell/buy/trade guns right now. We're acting like they are taking away our rights :rolleyes: . But right now we still have the same rights we had before they removed these sections. There are still legal and approved areas to buy and sell used and new guns. KSL (Dicks, Cheaper than Dirt, and other businesses) are just exercising their rights. Craigslist hasn't allowed guns on it since pretty much when they started and nobody is boycotting them (except for the thousands of KSL users :eek: ). I love Target but they don't even carry guns and nobody is boycotting them. (I hate Wal-Mart, and I heard they have removed some AR's from their floors and websites. Please boycott them! :fingerhead: :fingerhead: )

In my opinion these companies are simply putting ethics before profits. That is something I will support.

Every gun I have ever owned has come from the KSL classifieds or family. I looked at their firearms and hunting classifieds several times a day. I don't want those classifieds gone forever. I don't own a handgun, semi auto gun, or large capacity magazines. I also don't want to see any of these things restricted. I am glad to see KSL and others simply showing that they are aware of the seriousness of the issues and reviewing their part in the problems and solutions.

Guys, give KSL and others a break. Everyone knows if you want to upgrade your duck boat you’re not only going to craigslist to sell or buy. If you want to write and complain or express thoughts on the gun control, KSL is not the place. Forums like this are good places, or if you are really serious write your government officials. These are the guys that are going to be deciding if I will be able to by an AR15 with a 30rd magazine next year, not KSL. Has there ever been a better time?

Jason Chaffetz : https://chaffetz.house.gov/contact-me/email-me

Rob Bishop : http://robbishop.house.gov/contact/zipauth.htm

Jim Matheson: https://mathesonforms.house.gov/contact-form

State of Utah Legislators: http://le.utah.gov/documents/find.htm

There are also senators Hatch and Lee

If you don’t know what district you are in this may help. http://fox13now.com/2012/08/28/2012-uta ... rict-maps/

If you are going to write to KSL please just let them know that the firearms and hunting section was a great service and the best you’ve ever seen and thanks for it being FREE! Please bring it back!
BBQ Fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: KSL

Postby Weg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 am

BBQ Fingers wrote:Many of us are so worried about KSL not wanting us to sell/buy/trade guns right now. We're acting like they are taking away our rights :rolleyes: . But right now we still have the same rights we had before they removed these sections. There are still legal and approved areas to buy and sell used and new guns. KSL (Dicks, Cheaper than Dirt, and other businesses) are just exercising their rights. Craigslist hasn't allowed guns on it since pretty much when they started and nobody is boycotting them (except for the thousands of KSL users :eek: ). I love Target but they don't even carry guns and nobody is boycotting them. (I hate Wal-Mart, and I heard they have removed some AR's from their floors and websites. Please boycott them! :fingerhead: :fingerhead: )

In my opinion these companies are simply putting ethics before profits. That is something I will support.

Every gun I have ever owned has come from the KSL classifieds or family. I looked at their firearms and hunting classifieds several times a day. I don't want those classifieds gone forever. I don't own a handgun, semi auto gun, or large capacity magazines. I also don't want to see any of these things restricted. I am glad to see KSL and others simply showing that they are aware of the seriousness of the issues and reviewing their part in the problems and solutions.

Guys, give KSL and others a break. Everyone knows if you want to upgrade your duck boat you’re not only going to craigslist to sell or buy. If you want to write and complain or express thoughts on the gun control, KSL is not the place. Forums like this are good places, or if you are really serious write your government officials. These are the guys that are going to be deciding if I will be able to by an AR15 with a 30rd magazine next year, not KSL. Has there ever been a better time?

Jason Chaffetz : https://chaffetz.house.gov/contact-me/email-me

Rob Bishop : http://robbishop.house.gov/contact/zipauth.htm

Jim Matheson: https://mathesonforms.house.gov/contact-form

State of Utah Legislators: http://le.utah.gov/documents/find.htm

There are also senators Hatch and Lee

If you don’t know what district you are in this may help. http://fox13now.com/2012/08/28/2012-uta ... rict-maps/

If you are going to write to KSL please just let them know that the firearms and hunting section was a great service and the best you’ve ever seen and thanks for it being FREE! Please bring it back!


I understand that KSL has no part in actually taking away our rights or limiting our access to firearms. The problem here is that if it was truly an ethical decision to limit firearm sales as as a result of what happened in Newtown why would it take them a week to do it?

Every action and decision that a business takes has consequences and one of the ways that they will be made aware of the consequences of their decision is if their customers voice their opinion. I fully understand that the decision on the upcoming Assault Weapons Ban will be made in Congress and urge other do write their congressmen and women as I plan to do. However, if KSL has taken a stance against the second amendment do you truly believe that their future reports on the subject aren't going to be bias at all? Since they are one of the more popular new outlets it is very concerning to me that they would take this stance solely on firearms (they haven't delisted any of their other classifieds as far as I'm aware when other mass killings have happened).

If you venture over into the CI forum you'll see that there are a few threads with a lot of statistics in them on firearms and violence involving firearms. Although a great tragedy, the event that occurred in Newtown could not have been prevented and like you previously stated, there are multiple outlets to obtain firearms and I'm not quite sure how KSL is going to "change their policy" to prevent those individuals from getting them that shouldn't have them. I've started off on a rant now that doesn't necessarily belong in this thread but I'll end it with concurring with your view that it is their right to be able to make this decision but it is also our right to boycott those businesses that take a stance against our personal beliefs.
Weg
hunter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: KSL

Postby Castnshoot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Try this as a alternative.

http://utahgunexchange.com/
Castnshoot
hunter
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Re: KSL

Postby BBQ Fingers » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:25 pm

@ WEG

Best argument I have heard on being upset at KSL. I am still hoping they bring it back, but even if they don't I will likely stay a KSL fan. The other website listed www.utahgunexchange.com has some potential. I bought a gun of there for my dad yesterday.
BBQ Fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:31 pm


Return to Utah Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests