Ideas on hunting Friday morning

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Ideas on hunting Friday morning

Postby mblack2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm fairly new to duck hunting. Last year I went to Howard Slough in January and couldn't figure out why there was no one else there. I soon realized why when I got to the marshes and realized they were completely frozen through and there we no ducks. I am familiar with Ogden Bay and Howard Slough. I was wondering what you guys recommend. I would like to go hunting tomorrow morning was wondering if I am likely to see ducks tomorrow at either of those places or is there somewhere else that would be good go to? Thanks for all of your help.
mblack2
Newb

Re: Ideas on hunting Friday morning

Postby Simple » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Most everyone on here will probably agree, If you plan on going out duck hunting and have a question on if there are birds out there then take a drive with some binos and go see. I along with a lot of other guys on here put miles on our vehicles and hours on our binos looking and scouting for where the ducks and/or geese are at. Then we go there. Chances are if someone on here has found a killer spot they probably wont be to willing to letting someone that hasnt put in time and effort into finding the birds. Dont think im trying to be a **** im just letting you know.
Simple
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Simple wrote:Most everyone on here will probably agree, If you plan on going out duck hunting and have a question on if there are birds out there then take a drive with some binos and go see. I along with a lot of other guys on here put miles on our vehicles and hours on our binos looking and scouting for where the ducks and/or geese are at. Then we go there. Chances are if someone on here has found a killer spot they probably wont be to willing to letting someone that hasnt put in time and effort into finding the birds. Dont think im trying to be a **** im just letting you know.

I've been griping a lot lately but I'm glad someone replied back. One must scout to find these ducks. Nobody is going to give you a handout after we all have put miles on our trucks and boots. Get out there and find them.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby mblack2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 pm

I apologize it was not my intention to poach on others hard work or find someone's honey bucket hole. I went to Howard Slough a couple Saturday's ago and it was a little slow. I already mentioned my experience of being the one only there last January when it was completely frozen solid. I guess I'm naive. If someone the day after would have asked me how it was I can't imagine not saying. Especially if they were planning on going where there wasn't a chance of seeing a duck. I know it's not the same, but in fishing the DWR has a fishing report. I wonder how many fisherman there are that feel like they are being taken advantage of when they share their fishing info with the DWR. The duck hunting culture is much clearer now.
Last edited by mblack2 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mblack2
Newb

Postby kwalk3 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:31 pm

There is nothing wrong with asking. If I read it right you were just wondering if it was worth your time to go out to ogden our howards slough. Howard slough has been really slow, and I haven't hunted ogden recently, so I dont really have much to contribute, but there is definitely nothing wrong with asking about the birds at two of the most heavily used wmas in the state. I'm hunting tomorrow, probably farmington, if I have anything to pass along I'll shoot you a message. Sorry I can't be more help.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
kwalk3
hunter

Postby cootlover » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Mblack 2 this time if year find open water you should find some ducks.
cootlover
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 am

cootlover wrote:Mblack 2 this time if year find open water you should find some ducks.

X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Listen to Einstein here. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting