Jumpshooting tactics

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Jumpshooting tactics

Postby loondog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 pm

When jumpshooting waterfowl what variables do you consider (sun, wind etc.) and how do you try and utilize them (sun at back, wind at back)? What are keys to success assuming ducks are there?
loondog
hunter

Re: Jumpshooting tactics

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:08 am

Get a good pair of Binos to spot the birds and then use any cover you have to try to get in range. Sun at the back help a little but the key is not being seen. If you are jump shooting a stream, canal or river blind then don't walk the edges, stay wide and pop over on wide spots as the birds like to sit on slow moving stretches.
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Re: Jumpshooting tactics

Postby blackandwhites » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:54 pm

For me all I need is Cold temps. The birds in my area go to the same places year after year when the temps drop. I jump shoot early in the mornings when the temps are the lowest and birds tend to be holding tight. Other than that I just go walk the areas I know hold birds.
blackandwhites
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting