How many shoot 20ga for ducks????

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Re: How many shoot 20ga for ducks????

Postby honer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:22 pm

The longest shot of our Christmas eve hunt was farther then I like to mention here, but dumped a big drake mallard dead as dead with Heavy Shot 4, and it was shot with a 20 ga.
Last edited by honer on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honer
State Moderator

Postby slcduckkilla » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 pm

It has been a little tough to find ammo for 20 gauge. Looking for 3 inch 1 ounce 2 shot... Any suggestions can find plenty of the 7/8 ounce.. Not looking to spend 26.99$ on heavy shot I have found winchester xperet in the 1 ounce load has anyone seen this anywhere?
slcduckkilla
hunter

Postby cootlover » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:33 pm

I shoot 3in #2 fast steel 20 gauge.I never seen 1 oz loads
cootlover
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby mojo1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 pm

cootlover wrote:Mojo1 Armsan makes a620,tri star viper ,weatherby sa-08 they are all the same gun made on the same line they just changed the name. When you coming back to Utah so we can shoot some clays on the base :biggrin:

When I researched them before buying I read a press release that stated that Weatherby had their own factory over there, either it was false or you got false info, doesn't really matter.

I know the tri stars I shot felt a whole lot more loose and sloppy than the SA08 did, but your right the designs are almost identical. My buddies down in Ok bought 3 of those tri stars for their kids, all had problems. All have now either bought the sa08 or an 870.

I don't know when or if I'm gonna make it back out there, I stay pretty busy hunting down here. Duck runs to the end of the month and business is just getting good! :yes:
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Postby slcduckkilla » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:18 am

hamernhonkers wrote:Try these :thumbsup:

http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/fede ... -2407.html

Thanks man... I just found about 200 geese on our property so I am assuming the migration has started. I will let you know when they blow out and if we see anymore.....
slcduckkilla
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:08 am

slcduckkilla wrote:
hamernhonkers wrote:Try these :thumbsup:

http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/fede ... -2407.html

Thanks man... I just found about 200 geese on our property so I am assuming the migration has started. I will let you know when they blow out and if we see anymore.....

Your welcome and sounds good man :thumbsup:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Previous

Return to Utah Duck Hunting