GSL????? Dogs, motors and trailer

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

GSL????? Dogs, motors and trailer

Postby Labs2 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:34 am

Hey guys first time posting. I went out yesterday with my boy,dog and a few decs. The hunting wasn't to bad but my dog didn't like it very much.... Hunting with dogs is half the fun in my opinion my dog is a duck/goose retrievin maniac, but I think that salt got the best of him yesterday.

Anyhow on to my ??? I have a 25hp longtail I've had it since 98 and never used it on GSL because of the salt. My question is does,the salt still reek havoc on your motors and trailer even after a good cleaning???I'm trying to decide if the hunting fun out ways the potential problems with salt!!!!!

And am I the only one dumb enuf to take a dog out on that water???

Thanks
Labs2
hunter

Re: GSL????? Dogs, motors and trailer

Postby BandedCooter » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 am

We do it every year with a hyperdrive and just plan on spending a few hundred (or more....) to fix corroded wires and whatever else the salt destroys. :welcome:
BandedCooter
Newb

Re: GSL????? Dogs, motors and trailer

Postby mojo1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:30 pm

When you rise your boat off at the ramp, wash your dog and gear. Mojo hates a hose bath but he hates that salt film more
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting