To mount or not????

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

To mount or not????

Postby richyrich307 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Cool mixed bag I got today. Every single one is a first too. Never shot a hen pintail, or a drake shovler or a canvasback or a hen buffy. Pretty happy I was able to check so many off the list. I was thinking of mounting the can but not sure if it's worthy. He seems to be pretty good size but not as white as others I have seen. What do you guys think????
richyrich307
hunter

Re: To mount or not????

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:27 pm

I think you need to post a picture
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby richyrich307 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Dang phone
Attachments
mix bag.jpg
can4.jpg
can2.jpg
can.jpg
can3.jpg
richyrich307
hunter

Postby Pumpgunner » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:47 pm

I say eat it, canvasbacks are one of the tastiest ducks out there!
Avery- the K-Mart of waterfowl gear.
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Nice bird but only you can decide if its good enough as your the one who you need to please :wink:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:11 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:Nice bird but only you can decide if its good enough as your the one who you need to please :wink:

X2^^^^^^^^^
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby cootlover » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:59 pm

The one wing is shot a little up besides that its one killer can it would be in grant Wilborns freezer if it was mine :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:26 am

cootlover wrote:The one wing is shot a little up besides that its one killer can it would be in grant Wilborns freezer if it was mine :thumbsup:

Yup. I'm taking over my bufflehead and my brother's hooded merganser when I get a chance. It does look a little shot up. Maybe a standing mount would look best. I'd maybe explain it to the taxidermist to see what he would suggest. Good looking bull though. I thought they were long gone a month ago.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby firebird » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:58 am

Broken and missing wing feathers can be replaced...Feet look a bit shot up but those too are repairable-not going to be a competition bird so no problems there and again-blood should never prevent you from mounting a bird! How many really prime late December canvasback drakes are you Honestly going to shoot?! I say mount that bird and enjoy him, he looks like a real stud to me.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting