Duck Hunting Forum banner

dogs that love their work

3K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  duckslayer74 
#1 ·
My best decsision was to get another dog makes hunting just that much more fun!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's a great shot of your pup, duckkilla. I'm a big fan of the yella dawgs! One of the absolute most favorite parts of waterfowling for me is working the dog. I'm pretty certain I wouldn't hunt if I didn't have a dog. Here are a couple of shots of my mutt from this season.
014.JPG
010.JPG
005.JPG
001.JPG

Attachments

#17 ·
Spry Yellowdog said:
Nice pics..
Love the smile yours has duckkilla. :thumbsup:
L&L you have 2? blk and yella?
My retired yellowdog in her prime
View attachment 1
Micro Pearl just starting to learn the ropes.
The black dog is a flat coated retriever and he's really more of a family pet than anything, but when I do walk-in hunts I take both dogs along. The little yellow mutt does all the retrieving.

#25 ·
Here's a pic of my 9yr old, she's got an eye for ducks. She watches one way and I'll watch the other, I can tell when she sees something coming in because she'll stiffen up like a board. Shot lots of ducks by trusting her.

This is how she rode in cootlovers airboat. Thats an Ace bandage around her head for hearing protection.

This years Swan, she had no problem getting it in her mouth and off the ground.

#26 ·
apflyingleap said:
Beautiful, beautiful animals. Nothing quite as remarkable as when your pup first gets it. That first, "Ah,HAH! That's why I was put on this earth." And to be a part of that...the best.
Couldnt've said that any better!!!! :thumbsup: That brought a smile to my face thinking of those first few hunts with her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.