Any birds left in clearlake.

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Any birds left in clearlake.

Postby dwall » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Hey guys not trying to get any secrets but have a really good friend I want to take down to clearlake to hunt Saturday but need to know if there's any water left open and any ducks left. I would usually just go down and risk it but I want to get my buddy a really good last day hunt. This past year he has been out but once do to the fact that he lost his wife back in October and is now single parenting two kids under 3. I just want him to go and have a good time, I know where to hunt and all I just need to know if the birds are still there. Please let me know if you have been down there. I was down there about three weeks ago but a lot can change. Please guys I'm really wanting my buddy to have a good te and don't want to drag him all the way down there to see that there's no ducks.

Thank you.
dwall
hunter

Re: Any birds left in clearlake.

Postby richyrich307 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 am

Whats holding you back from going out and scouting yourself? :huh:
richyrich307
hunter

Postby dwall » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:13 am

I live in salt lake and I work Monday thru Friday. Man if I could make a trip down there before Saturday to scout I would but I have bills to pay too. I'm sorry if you think I'm being lazy by asking but if it was just me I would have just went down and took my chances but I really do want to show my buddy a good time because I know how hard it's been for him and he's had to give up one of his biggest passions to provide as a single dad. I guess maybe this was the wrong thing to ask but I figured that people would understand I'm really just trying to get his mind off such a terrible year. I don't know how he does it and how he's do strong but I do know he does need a day to not think about it all. Please don't think I'm trying to not put in the work I'm just doing what I would assume each one of you would do for one of your good friends.
dwall
hunter

Postby dwall » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Thank you all,
I just appreciate the positive response, I've had a few pm sent to me that blow me away. People can be ignorant when they think your just trying to get free info out of them. I'm glad that there are some people that can see that I'm trying to do something great for a friend that's really had his life ripped out from under him.

Thanks everyone.
dwall
hunter

Postby Duck_Acres » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Sorry about the ignorant replies. It's not like your asking for anyone's honey hole. I went to clear lake two weeks ago, and everything looked frozen except for the rest area as luck would have it. There, that wasn't too difficult and didn't ruin anybody's season. Hope you can find some open water for you and your buddy. Good luck!
Duck_Acres
Newb

Postby richyrich307 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 pm

I never said you were lazy. Just asked a simple question. However, since most water is froze right now, most bits of open water are in fact honey holes. So in a way asking questions like this during this time of the season is basically asking for "secret spots" or "honey holes". Not trying to be a jerk here just trying to be honest. If I was more familiar with clearlake I would try and help you out. If you cant come up with a decent spot to get some duck hunting in then maybe you could find something else to do that would help clear his mind for awhile. There is a lot of good ice fishing/beer drinking to be had right now. :beer: Just an idea. Good luck.
richyrich307
hunter

Postby All Ducked Up » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 am

richyrich307 wrote: There is a lot of good ice fishing/beer drinking to be had right now. :beer: Just an idea. Good luck.

:beer: :beer: :beer: +1 :thumbsup:
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hunting isn't just something I do, It's a part of who I am.
All Ducked Up
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting