What a finish!

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

What a finish!

Postby skybusterbob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Wow great way to finish the year in a brutal cold. Ole Foulmouth and a few of us (5 total so the internet fish cops don't chastize me) had a 2 day shoot of full limits of Mallards, with one ringneck and got 5 bonus geese. We only shot 5 hens once we realized the hunting was so good we could only shoot drakes and we talked ole foulmouth out of shooting his 2 hens each day. We filmed some video and had a great time. I wish I could get the videos to post but I can't figure out the proper format. I'll get the gopro going next year. Enjoy I love hunting in the snow and layout blinds.

skybusterbob
hunter

Re: What a finish!

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Very nice :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Benelli12ga » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Nice job like the comment about the Internet fish cops, so many jump to conclusion on these forms.
Benelli12ga
hunter

Postby richyrich307 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Love the GH's. Nice job :thumbsup:
richyrich307
hunter

Postby skybusterbob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:12 pm

richyrich307 wrote:Love the GH's. Nice job :thumbsup:

It was nothing is better than field hunting green heads. It's almost not fair. We passed up a field with bunch of honkers for the field with several hundred greenheads. It wasn't even fair being able to dig layouts down with snow covers on so that they were flush. On the second day we landed a bunch and you could look for bands as they walked around. Best hunt ever in my life and I've been on a lot.
skybusterbob
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Now that is a finish :thumbsup:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 am

That looks like fun. :thumbsup: Great pic too.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby PochardFreak » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 am

Nice Ringneck!!!!! Never thought a guy would shoot one of those out of a field with mallards! Thats awesome!

PochardFreak
PochardFreak
hunter

Postby richyrich307 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 pm

skybusterbob wrote:
richyrich307 wrote:Love the GH's. Nice job :thumbsup:

It was nothing is better than field hunting green heads. It's almost not fair. We passed up a field with bunch of honkers for the field with several hundred greenheads. It wasn't even fair being able to dig layouts down with snow covers on so that they were flush. On the second day we landed a bunch and you could look for bands as they walked around. Best hunt ever in my life and I've been on a lot.

Amazing. I got into a couple good field goose hunts but no mallard field hunts. Definitely on the list for next year.
richyrich307
hunter

Postby skybusterbob » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:20 pm

PochardFreak wrote:Nice Ringneck!!!!! Never thought a guy would shoot one of those out of a field with mallards! Thats awesome!

PochardFreak

Yeah he was in a flock of 50 mallards or so. There is nothing like ducks in a field. It doesn't happen often but when they are in the fields it is the best.
skybusterbob
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Jealous!! MMMMmmmmm I vaccuum seal mine so I can refer to ducks throughout the year till next season!:) :clapping:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Jealous!! MMMMmmmmm I vaccuum seal mine so I can refer to ducks throughout the year till next season!:) :clapping:

???????????????????? :fingerhead:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:37 pm

duckslayer74 wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:Jealous!! MMMMmmmmm I vaccuum seal mine so I can refer to ducks throughout the year till next season!:) :clapping:

???????????????????? :fingerhead:

?? :huh:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting