Meet and Greet

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Re: Meet and Greet

Postby Locked&Loaded » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:It may a bit longer drive than some want to make, but there is a pretty nice sporting clays, skeet, trap course just West of Logan. We could meet up there, have a little friendly shoot-off and then head back down the canyon and eat at Maddox.

Just throwing out a suggestion. Although hamerenhonkers may be intimidated by my vast shooting prowess and this may prevent him from voting for this option. :biggrin:

Just gonna warn ya now, I only shoot for cash now day's :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:lol3: I'll stop my trash talking right now. Most people with 2 good eyes can shoot straighter than I can on most days. But bring your dollar bills just in case.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Locked&Loaded » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:I love the suggestions but for me this is much more suited for a personal trip as opposed to a business trip as business trips for me are pretty tightly scheduled with only evenings free to do anything.

Evening only activities? That kind of limits us to cold brewski and boob bars. As long as its all in the name of developing DHC unity and brotherhood. :beer:
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Curtis 870 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Evening only activities? That kind of limits us to cold brewski and boob bars. As long as its all in the name of developing DHC unity and brotherhood. :beer:

LOL :lol:
Curtis 870
hunter

Postby cootlover » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Hammer if we are going to shoot for money ill shoot my 28 gauge so its fair for you :yes:
cootlover
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:35 pm

cootlover wrote:Hammer if we are going to shoot for money ill shoot my 28 gauge so its fair for you :yes:

So your saying you want me to use a 22 rifle to keep it fair with you using a 28 bore :yes:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
hamernhonkers wrote:I love the suggestions but for me this is much more suited for a personal trip as opposed to a business trip as business trips for me are pretty tightly scheduled with only evenings free to do anything.

So were all going on a road trip to Vegas then! SWEET!

Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:00 pm

cootlover wrote:Hammer if we are going to shoot for money ill shoot my 28 gauge so its fair for you :yes:

Hope you shoot better than you did during hunting season. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby Spry Yellowdog » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:50 am

Shooting and Boobs?
Thats all I need to hear.
I'm in.

Spry
With a Dog...You never hunt alone.
Spry Yellowdog
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Spry Yellowdog wrote:Shooting and Boobs?
Thats all I need to hear.
I'm in.

Spry

And BEER!!!!!! :beer:
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby BBFlinger » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:43 am

I would be interested in meeting the brotherhood of waterfowlers
BBFlinger
hunter

Postby richyrich307 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm in. I will be watching for a definite answer on the when and where.
richyrich307
hunter

Postby kgrant » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm in as well ill just keep checking back for place and time should be a good o'l time :fingerhead:
kgrant
hunter

Postby Bighunter76 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:36 pm

I was reading the post's and thouht about Magna Gun Club they have trap and clay's now a Sat morning meet and greet followed by some friendly clay busting might be fun. Keep posting ideas and sooner than later it will happen. :clapping: :beer:
Bighunter76

Pro staffer for Scorpion optics
Bighunter76
hunter

Postby apflyingleap » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 pm

No reason we couldn't do both. Schedule an evening when you come up and plan a shooting event for first part of summer.
apflyingleap
hunter

Postby Hagen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Let me know a time and place. And west side of utah lake with a couple BBQ'rs and skeet throwers les formal then gun clubs but still safe... and utah county is middle for alot of folks
Hagen
hunter

Postby Bighunter76 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Hey lets not let this idea die out like a PETA members voice on the openind day of the waterfowl season. Please keep posting ideas we could do a meet and greet with shotties at gun club or out somewhere else. The reason I suggested a gun club is that gun use is encouraged also it is private ground no yokal locals wanting to know what we are up to. Magna does have hook ups and places to park and you can stay the night a well if interested.
Bighunter76

Bighunter76
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Bighunter76 wrote:Hey lets not let this idea die out like a PETA members voice on the openind day of the waterfowl season. Please keep posting ideas we could do a meet and greet with shotties at gun club or out somewhere else. The reason I suggested a gun club is that gun use is encouraged also it is private ground no yokal locals wanting to know what we are up to. Magna does have hook ups and places to park and you can stay the night a well if interested.

I hope when your talking about Magna that your talking about the gun club. That city is the armpit of the state.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Alright guys my meeting was set for April 25th in SLC and got cancelled. I was made aware that my niece will be getting married on the 20th of April up there but I am not sure I can talk my dear sweet wife (yes she dose read this forum from time to time :biggrin: ) will let me go hang out with a bunch of drunk strangers but we will see what happens.

As for now I am hoping that just because I started the thread you guys are not waiting for me just to have a get together. I cannot guarantee the next time I will be up there and have free time so I don't for a second expect anyone to not take the lead on this and put something together.
Hello

David wrote:
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 am

hamernhonkers wrote:Alright guys my meeting was set for April 25th in SLC and got cancelled. I was made aware that my niece will be getting married on the 20th of April up there but I am not sure I can talk my dear sweet wife (yes she dose read this forum from time to time :biggrin: ) will let me go hang out with a bunch of drunk strangers but we will see what happens.

As for now I am hoping that just because I started the thread you guys are not waiting for me just to have a get together. I cannot guarantee the next time I will be up there and have free time so I don't for a second expect anyone to not take the lead on this and put something together.

I figured you were a bit concerned about getting into a competetive shoot off with me where money would be involved, so I was just waiting for the excuse ..... and there it is ladies and gentleman. :biggrin:
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby hamernhonkers » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
hamernhonkers wrote:Alright guys my meeting was set for April 25th in SLC and got cancelled. I was made aware that my niece will be getting married on the 20th of April up there but I am not sure I can talk my dear sweet wife (yes she dose read this forum from time to time :biggrin: ) will let me go hang out with a bunch of drunk strangers but we will see what happens.

I figured you were a bit concerned about getting into a competetive shoot off with me where money would be involved, so I was just waiting for the excuse ..... and there it is ladies and gentleman. :biggrin:

Oh nice try Doc but not even close lol.

Hello

David wrote:
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

:lol3: Once you see me shoot, you'll most likely want to schedule weekly shoots so you can take my money.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby hamernhonkers » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
hamernhonkers wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

I was thinking you have enough money so that may not be a bad idea :tongue:

I like your modesty but I would bet you can hold your own with a thunder stick :beer:
Hello

David wrote:
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:02 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
hamernhonkers wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

I was thinking you have enough money so that may not be a bad idea :tongue:

I like your modesty but I would bet you can hold your own with a thunder stick :beer:

As long as I've been hunting and with all the times I've shot trap / skeet / sporting clays I should be a hell of a lot better than I am. Hate to admit it, but on my best days I'm probably barely average.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby cbroche10 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:38 am

Hey all,

Just got back on today and saw the thread. Count me in! Sounds like a blast!!

For those of you that had my personal contact information it has changed so you will need to pm me prior to next season if we have hunts lined up. If we have fly fishing trips lined up better hurry as I am booking up quickly and the wife is limiting my trips this year.
Cory Roche
Duck Busters Inc.
Corinne Utah
cbroche10
hunter

Postby Bighunter76 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 pm

I am in keep me posted if you need to get a hold of me post and I will get you some contact info.
Bighunter76

Bighunter76
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Utah Duck Hunting