Who Hunts Other states?

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Who Hunts Other states?

Postby kgrant » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 am

Hello everyone! So just curious who hunts other states. I have been given the oppertunity next year to expand my hunting to wyoming and Idaho and never have hunted them and am quite excited to do so . So outa curiosity does anyone hunt any other states than Utah and if so were. Pictures stories whatever would be sweet :thumbsup:
kgrant
hunter

Re: Who Hunts Other states?

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm

kgrant wrote:Hello everyone! So just curious who hunts other states. I have been given the oppertunity next year to expand my hunting to wyoming and Idaho and never have hunted them and am quite excited to do so . So outa curiosity does anyone hunt any other states than Utah and if so were. Pictures stories whatever would be sweet :thumbsup:

I usually make a few hunts in Idaho, Wyoming, and Colorado each year. Have also made it to Texas once for a snow goose hunt, to Canada once for a duck / goose hunt. I havent been to Montana hunting for a few years, but used to make an annual trip to big sky country for a sharptail hunt.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby kgrant » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Thats awesome. I've always wanted to go north of the boarder. What parts of Idaho and Wyoming have you ventured into? I'll get teh opertunity to hunt Star Valley and around Idaho falls this year and I have a trip planned to Hunt Lousiana in Nov. which im excited for .
kgrant
hunter

Postby brettb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Utah has some of the best hunting around, but it's fun to hunt other places. I've made it to Idaho a few times, on the Snake, Wyoming more than once, Colorado for geese, Nebraska for ducks, geese and pheasants, but nothing beats heading up to Canada in the Fall. Waterfowler's Heaven

Brett
brettb
Newb

Postby Kevin N » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:53 pm

I mostly hunt this great state... I have hunted a few of the surrounding states.. each state seams to have its strong sides and short cummings if you will, but have been enjoyable none the less.. This year I am making a trip up to hunt the Izembek Refuge.. Should be a blast and will be able to knock off another few spices off the list.
Kevin N
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:53 am

kgrant wrote:Thats awesome. I've always wanted to go north of the boarder. What parts of Idaho and Wyoming have you ventured into? I'll get teh opertunity to hunt Star Valley and around Idaho falls this year and I have a trip planned to Hunt Lousiana in Nov. which im excited for .

In Idaho I hunt the Snake River quite a little bit and sometimes the blackfoot reservoir. In Wyoming I hunt just outside of Lander or over in Torrington. We kill a bunch of geese every year in Greeley Colorado. My Canada hunt was just outside of Red Deer, which is in the Alberta province.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby kgrant » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:55 am

That"s Awesome thanks for shareing guys. I've always wanted to head up north from what i understand the farmers just sit and laugh at you for hunting geese wouldnt that be a lovely problem to have. i cant wait to experience the traveling hunting and scouting. How Far is Greeley from Here?
kgrant
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 am

kgrant wrote:That"s Awesome thanks for shareing guys. I've always wanted to head up north from what i understand the farmers just sit and laugh at you for hunting geese wouldnt that be a lovely problem to have. i cant wait to experience the traveling hunting and scouting. How Far is Greeley from Here?

About a 7 hour drive. It's just shy of 500 miles from Ogden.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby richard rouleau » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:48 pm

i hunt nevada and arizona cal. for duck and geese
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Postby kgrant » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 am

7 hours for good hunting thats not too bad at all locked. how many geese you harvest up there in your trips? Richard i didnt know you could hunt ducks in 100 degrees hahaha breathable waders im assumeing? how is the hunting there ?
kgrant
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 pm

kgrant wrote:7 hours for good hunting thats not too bad at all locked. how many geese you harvest up there in your trips? Richard i didnt know you could hunt ducks in 100 degrees hahaha breathable waders im assumeing? how is the hunting there ?

Here is a picture after one of our hunts from last year. The Ross geese were a bonus, we usually don't shoot too many light geese. Most of the geese we shoot in Greeley are lessers.
018.JPG
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby kgrant » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:15 pm

:thumbsup: That seems like a good time Freinds, family, and a whole lotta geese. sounds like a fun trip wish my family hunted so i could drag there butts to a duck blind . Why dont you shoot the light geese not good eating are they like divers? :lol3:
kgrant
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:45 pm

kgrant wrote::thumbsup: That seems like a good time Freinds, family, and a whole lotta geese. sounds like a fun trip wish my family hunted so i could drag there butts to a duck blind . Why dont you shoot the light geese not good eating are they like divers? :lol3:

Those light geese eat just fine. I should have said we don't shoot many because we don't see many.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby kgrant » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

gotcha i wouldn't know what light geese tatstes like . I shot and tasted my first goose this year! It was magically delicous. :grooving:
kgrant
hunter

Postby Jeff Bringhurst » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am

I hunt most of the time here in Utah. I do get up to Idaho 4 or 5 times a season. I have also waterfowl hunted in Arizona, New York, Florida and Canada. I am heading to South Dakota in a couple weeks for my first hunt there.

I like hunting new areas and learn something new everytime I go to a new place. :thumbsup:
Mossy Oak
Rig em Right
Hevi shot
Lucky Duck
Jeff Bringhurst
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting