GOLDEN EYE RETIEVER TRAINING HOOPER UTAH

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

GOLDEN EYE RETIEVER TRAINING HOOPER UTAH

Postby OPEY 78 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:01 am

I’m new to the forum, but would like to see if anybody other than me has had any experience with Jim Rymus at Golden eye retriever training?? Jim has had my 4 year old chessie for just over 3 weeks and is doing a great job with him.
Bronco was a great pup and I had him going great until he was about 2 then live happened and I got busy and Bronco got bored, I actually had to get rid of him and put him on ksl for free, some people from Tooele came and got him and had him for about a year I don’t know what happened to him while he was there but somehow he ended up at the shelter who then scanned him for a chip and found my chip, they called me up I went down and picked him up grateful to have another chance with a great dog and to hopefully redeem myself in his eyes . I didn’t even take him home I took him right to Jim's he’s been there for 3 weeks and I’m 100% satisfied so far with his progress, he is heeling, sitting on whistle which may not seem like allot but for a dog that hasn’t been doing anything for 2 years its great!!!
I’m not really looking for references for Jim the hundreds of awards and ribbons on all his walls tell me enough I’m just wondering if anybody else has had a good experience with his training program I’m also bragging about my dog Bronco somewhat . :lol3: :lol3:
Attachments
bronco-the-dog-ducks.jpg
Bronco when he was 1 year old
OPEY 78
hunter

Re: GOLDEN EYE RETIEVER TRAINING HOOPER UTAH

Postby duckslayer74 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:47 pm

I've been involved with the hunt tests when Jim and Sammie were running them. He helped my dad and neighbor with our chesapeakes, I think he's part chessie. You'll have a great dog, just remember that they're the boss. :biggrin:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Re: GOLDEN EYE RETIEVER TRAINING HOOPER UTAH

Postby PochardFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Jim Rymus hands down one of the coolest guys i have ever met. I took my first chessie in 1995 and my second in 2004. Jim is a fowl mouthed awnry butt at times but his heart is pure gold. I have very fond memories of training with him and listening to his stories of vietnam and hunting in alaska and throughout canada. He speaks chessie, and at times he seems to hard on the dogs but both my chessies were the best dogs i have ever hunted over because of his training. Make sure you take the time to bs with Jim as he is a dying breed and has alot to contribute through his training, stories, advice and his personality. I am sure your dog will be one heck of a dog when he is done. Tell Jim, Tony says hi!!!!!!

PochardFreak
PochardFreak
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting