weird decoy paint

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

weird decoy paint

Postby firebird » Wed May 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Ordered some wigeon decoys from a major retailer and a well known decoy manufacturer. I have four dozen of them already and am just boosting my spread. They came in a sealed box but the paint was . . . well you can see in the picture. I just laughed at the error but will post it up for all to see. I'm calling them blonde wigeons, or storm wigeon decoys, maybe January plummage dekes, or leucistic perhaps-please feel free to add your own ideas. The drakes also had odd color schemes, they will blend into the flock but I think I am done buying this brand.
Attachments
weird paint 001.jpg
weird paint.jpg
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Re: weird decoy paint

Postby richard rouleau » Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 pm

just call manutacture up and tell them the promblem . are those greenhead gear decoys?
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Re: weird decoy paint

Postby firebird » Tue May 21, 2013 10:31 am

yes ghg, no response from them after several calls-but hey the paint isn't chipping! Have loved my others, this box just had a Glitch!
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting