Traveling through, hoping to see some birds.

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Traveling through, hoping to see some birds.

Postby Erie » Thu May 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Hello all,
My wife and I will be traveling through and staying in Ogden at the base tonight through Saturday and being a avid fowl hunter I was hoping one of you could direct us to a area we had a good chance of seeing some waterfowl. Really looking for a place to maybe take some film or pictures.

Thanks for any information.

Ben
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Re: Traveling through, hoping to see some birds.

Postby firebird » Thu May 23, 2013 9:12 pm

North of Ogden along I-15 is Bear River Bird refuge which has a tour loop you can do by car and hosts lots of birds and wildlife. Just south of weber state campus in Ogden is Beus park which has a good local population of wood ducks and others. Top of Ogden canyon is Huntington reservoir bordering the farm town of Huntsville. Don't know if the sandy beaches are open in spring but its a great place too- those off top of my head, maybe others have more. Division of wildlife resources can give directions but lots of decent maps on the web
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Re: Traveling through, hoping to see some birds.

Postby Bret » Fri May 24, 2013 4:27 am

firebird wrote:North of Ogden along I-15 is Bear River Bird refuge which has a tour loop you
can do by car and hosts lots of birds and wildlife.

+1 :thumbsup:
Drive the refuge loop and check out the visitors center on the way.

exit I-15 at forest street in Brigham City, turn left and the visitors center is just west of the freeway. You cant miss it.
Bret
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting