New guy here.

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

New guy here.

Postby korben88 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 am

Hi there,

Thought I'd give a brief introduction. My name's Troy, I'm a 35 yo machinist by day firearms instructor by night. I live in Midvale and I love everything guns, but do not have much hunting experience. I'm looking to change that and decided to try my hand at waterfowl hunting this coming season.

I like to research things quite heavily before I get attenmp them, so excpect a ton of questions. In fact here comes the first...

I just purchased my first duck call (zink power hen) and i've been practicing, at work mostly, and my boss is about to kill me. So, i'm looking for a good spot near Salt Lake that I can go observe ducks, and practice my new craft on the real critics. Any suggestions on where I can spend an afternoon chatting with the locals?

Thank You,
Troy
korben88
hunter

Re: New guy here.

Postby richard rouleau » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:14 pm

any local park that has a pond
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Postby korben88 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 am

I thought of that, but figured the ducks there would be too domesticated or something.
korben88
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:04 am

PM Brett on here and see if he is offering classes again this year.

Just to listen to birds talking to learn the sounds they make and when, follow Richards advice on finding a local pond with birds on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby korben88 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:03 am

hamernhonkers wrote:PM Brett on here and see if he is offering classes again this year.

Just to listen to birds talking to learn the sounds they make and when, follow Richards advice on finding a local pond with birds on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested in a class, I'll contact him.
korben88
hunter

Postby Bret » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Welcome. I returned your pm. I am not sure of we will have another class this year or not, but there is a chance. Enjoy the hunting.
Bret
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting