Summer

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Summer

Postby cootlover » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:15 pm

WEll anyone doing anything fun this summer :huh:
cootlover
hunter

Re: Summer

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Yup!
Thinking about Autumn!
I am only in survival mode during the summer months, tho I do try to occupy these months of dreary heat, the only good moments are those before noon............, if then!
I will be putting in some crayfish traps later, and hope to have a 7N ranch trailer park feed if I catch enough. Little freshwater lobsters is all they are.......and tasty!
Ask again about the middle of August, when I know me and the dog will be training with dove wings zip tied to his bumpers, and there is only two weeks to go before the first bird hunting will actually start.
Oh, I may actually catch a fish or two as well here in the Ririe Res outside of Idaho Falls. Landlocked salmon, and maybe a Smallie or two as well. I'll smoke the Landlocks, fillet and fry the Smallies, but it's the heaps of coldwater crayfish I'm looking forward to.
We go up to the 5th wheel at the 7N ranch 25 min from Idaho Falls on weekends, and usually spend the days 'chasing the shade' around with our camp chairs, and sipping toddies of choice.
I'll be installing Wood Duck nesting boxes until fall starts, and then life begins in ernest as the cooler weather returns, along with football, Baseball play-offs, better fishing for trout, hunting seasons of all kinds, the State Fair food, and just the very best of the holidays all lined up and coming in good order. Man............what's not to like?
But of course, there's now 'til then. :crying:
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby Factor 8 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Building a 2 acre pond here soon. Took 2 yrs for the corps to give me the green light. Should be fun! :thumbsup:
Factor 8
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am

Good luck with that pond.
If you happen to be driving North past Idaho Falls sometime, shoot me a PM and I'll give you a Wood Duck nest box to put on it.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting