shells??

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

shells??

Postby duck chaser1990 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 pm

What's your guy's opinion on shells anybody shot fiocci? Or what about remington sportsman or the nitro's
Duck hunting everyday possible
duck chaser1990
hunter

Re: shells??

Postby sketch21 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 am

I just started to reload steel this this year, and getting ready to pattern a few new loads for the season. I would suggest you buy a few different brands of shells you like and pattern them .
sketch21
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:33 am

i shoot black clouds. switched from bismuth/ toungston so paying $22-$25 for 25 shells compared to $40 for 10 shells :shades: :doesn't quite shoot like lead but..... haven't tried heavy shot ? any reviews on heavy shot?
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby 16FtMuddBuddy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:53 am

I have shot Black Clouds and I really liked them I was shooting the 3 inch 4 shot and they were pretty deadly. I bought a few boxes of the new Remington Hypersonic and they really pack a punch I brought down two geese while out on a duck hunt with the 3 inch 4 shot and they were a reach. I bought one box of the Hypersonic 3 1/2 inch BB and with my Benelli Pump it feels like I am blowing the gun up it kicks so hard. Not so much liking those... I think I am going to go with Black Clouds this year!
16FtMuddBuddy
Newb

Postby Scattergunns » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:09 am

I personally shoot almost religiously 3inch #3's in almost anything but I mostly shoot black clouds lately but a buddy of mine talked me into trying Heavy Metal #4's and I don't know what it was but the birds just seemed to fall outa the sky? they did work great but I still tend to try to save some cash lately especially since my son is getting into shotgunning and I need to buy more and more shells. when I'm money conscious I shoot the Federal Waterfowl Load in #3 or #4's and they still work pretty darn good for the price.
Scattergunns
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting