have you aver done something real stupid. like.....

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

have you aver done something real stupid. like.....

Postby Bret » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:55 am

Yesterday I was hunting alone up north, after sitting in the blind without seeing much most of the morning. I started thinking about this cafe in the closest town. Well to say the least hunger got the best of me. when I returned to the truck I was thinking should I take off me waders or leave them on and things like that.... I set down my shotgun on the ice there and took off my waders jumped in the truck and took off. Well I was enjoying a hot meal when I started thinking I wonder if I picked up my shotgun.... I thought oh of course I did I am not that stupid. So I finished a great breakfast ,and headed out to the truck I thought I had better check to make sure about the gun thing well all I had was an empty case. My heart sunk.....I was headed back to hunt the rest of the day anyway, but boy I got there fast. well when I got there there was my Browning Gold sitting right there where I had left it my tire tracks went right over the stock. Boy am I lucky on many counts and stupid on several others. I would like to poke myself with a sharp stick.e :help: :oops: :umm:

fortunatly there was no damage to the gun.

Bret
Bret
hunter

If you don't want it you don't have to just throw it on the

Postby sporting1 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:10 am

Good work Bret,
Simaliar story. My Dad and friend were upland hunting in the Malad area. After getting done with a long walk they arrived back at the Jeep. After unloading their guns and taking their vests off "Harry" proped his gun on the tire of the Jeep. Well needless to say they both jumped in and drove to the next field. Apon arrival at the next field "Harry" looks for his gun, you guessed it, no were to be found. They back tracked to the previous field, there it was laying in the middle of the road. To his dismay the gun, unlike yours, did have some damage. Wow, he still gets razzed about that. Now come to think of it I don't think "Harry" ever killed anything again with that gun. Maybe the gun Gods got mad or, more likely, he bent the barrel. Hope your gun still shoots straight???
sporting1
Newb

Postby Bret » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:27 pm

It did I had a real good evening shoot. I think it shoots a little better now like maybe it compensates for shooting to the left or something.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting