Goose calling

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Goose calling

Postby meekhunter7 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey i've been practicing goose calling some but i really feel like my call is just too high pitched. Both my calls are buck gardner, one is the honker hammer and the other is the grey ghost. The tuning you cant adjust the read placement and i feel like moving the tuning block doesnt help. Is there something i can do to make it sound deeper and more goosey? I have heard of people dremelling a dimple in the end of the tone board...? Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thanks

And kind of as an added note, does it matter if i use shells as apposed to full body decoys? If you use shells do the have to be on a stake? thanks again.
Last edited by meekhunter7 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meekhunter7
hunter

Re: Goose calling

Postby northpointhunting » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:23 pm

I put the dimple in the tone board in mine and it makes it sound deeper. Also make sure when your blowing into the call make sure your using a nice deep voice will also help.
"I'm gonna fear God, love my neighbor, and hunt ducks. Let the´╗┐ chips fall where they may."
"Some call it sky busting, I call it optimism."
northpointhunting
hunter

Postby mojo coot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:25 pm

High pitch calls are fine and you dont have to have shells on stakes
mojo coot
hunter

Postby mojo coot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm

High pitch calls are fine and you dont have to have shells on stakes
mojo coot