Favorite WMA and Why?

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Favorite WMA and Why?

Postby Mr._Rogers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:22 am

Hey Everyone, I am pretty new to the forum (posting anyways, been stalking for a while :) With the season quickly approaching, I wanted to see what peoples favorite WMA is and why? Not looking to steal spots, just like to hear others opinions and why they like a certain area.

For the 10 years I have been chasing waterfowl, have mostly hunted Farmington and the Snake River in Idaho. Farmington because up until this year I have been a foot soldier and in highschool we discover a sweet spot we always hunt. Kill mostly mallards, teal and pintail and thats the way I like it. Snake River, late season we only kill mallards and geese.

Look forward to others thoughts...

Mr. Rogers
Mr._Rogers
hunter

Re: Favorite WMA and Why?

Postby cootlover » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:02 pm

If I was walking I would have to say Howard slough I just have so many good hunt there over the year's to bad it's a joke to hunt there any more. People sitting right next to you, shooting over your head, keeping all the birds, shooting early, not picking up all there trash I could go on and on back 30 years it was second to none by the Y . :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter

Postby jake001 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 pm

cootlover wrote:If I was walking I would have to say Howard slough I just have so many good hunt there over the year's to bad it's a joke to hunt there any more. People sitting right next to you, shooting over your head, keeping all the birds, shooting early, not picking up all there trash I could go on and on back 30 years it was second to none by the Y . :thumbsup:

No kiddin. I had 3 guys come sit not 5 foot from me last year. No dog or waders. "Oh I didn't think we were gonna hit nothing".. didn't have a phone on me to call em in. After I searched out 4 ducks for em I left. Ranger was at the gate luckily. Hiked through the muck to some good spots though. Ogden bay is a good WMA. Lots of space.
jake001
hunter

Postby PochardFreak » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Browns Park bar none!!! I don't get up there as much as I used to but have had the best shoots in my life for puddlers, divers and geese! Its very remote and if you hit it right the birds are thick and you will be the only one hunting it!!!!

PochardFreak
PochardFreak
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting