Winchester 94 question

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Winchester 94 question

Postby BBQ Fingers » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:58 am

Sorry not a duck topic, but you guys seem helpful enough I thought I would ask.

I have a Winchester 94 (1945 ish), that I have some questions about. I'm looking for someone who has some good knowledge about them and was hoping someone out there could help me out. More of a cowboy gun enthusiast than a gunsmith. If you are that someone or can point me in the right direction I would be great.

Having never handled another older Winchester, I've got some questions about the action cycling. It cycles rather smoothly with no ammo, but when it is loaded it takes some force to push the last bit of the bullet into the chamber. I don't know if this is normal or not. Also my loading gate sticks a little. The bottom of the gate hits the top of the bullet extractor (I don't know the actual name. But I'm pretty sure it the part that pulls a bullet front the tube). This isn't a big deal as I can start to cycle the lever and that usually gets it to open. It is kind of annoying though. I have some ideas on how to fix this, but I also don't want to decrease the value of the gun. That is my last question. How does someone know what these are worth? I see everything from $300-$1000+. I am not interested in selling it but I have had people make offers and other than what I paid (traded) I'm not sure what it is worth. It is in pretty good condition, which makes me wonder if the wood was restored.

I’ll try and post a picture.
Thanks for any help.
BBQ Fingers
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting