Missing Shotguns!!!

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Missing Shotguns!!!

Postby jfahrner » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Two shotguns went missing next to the boat launch at the turpin unit of Farmington Bay WMA on 10/6/13 around 1230pm. They were set on the ground as we were unloading our boat. I went and talked with the gentlemen from DWR in their office out there later on, hoping that someone would have turned them in. One was a Benelli Nova and the other was a Benelli Supernova, both with advantage max 4 camo print. Was a bad way to end opening weekend...
Not really sure on what else to do but to post on here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
jfahrner
Newb

Re: Missing Shotguns!!!

Postby Simple » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 pm

sorry to hear that. Hey try posting a ad on ksl in the hunting equipment section might draw some attention.
Simple
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:01 pm

tough break...over here you would get in the doo doos for leaving them unsecured!!!
try posting on local auction sites...somebody knows where they are.
good luck.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:06 pm

So did you forget them there are did someone take them while you were getting ready to leave.
cootlover
hunter

Postby sarghunter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:01 am

JFahrner I see no one has suggested making a Police Report so the guns can be put into the system so if the Serial Numbers are ever run you could get them back.....

Good Luck. Continue to check all the different places people put guns up for sale,, Craigs list, Utah Gun Exchange acouple thoughts
sarghunter
hunter

Postby sarghunter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:19 am

J,,, what are the barrel lengths on the Benelli's ???
sarghunter
hunter

Postby jfahrner » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:38 pm

I will be posting a police report tomorrow, just waiting on the store I purchased the gun from for the serial number. The nova is 28" and I believe the supernova is 26", it had an extended choke on it.
jfahrner
Newb

Postby BBQ Fingers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm

I saw this on KSL. I don't know if you checked it out. Sounds like someone found a shotgun. Good Luck

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... m&ad_cid=1
BBQ Fingers
hunter

Postby jfahrner » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Yea it was looked into yesterday, was a remington. I had some hope for a few seconds when I had seen that.
jfahrner
Newb

Postby kingpin71 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Hey bud sorry to hear about your guns, I just happen to be launching my boat and seen your guns sitting on the east side of the ramp next to a boat. I thought someone forgot these, at the same time I had another boat pull up returning from being out scouting they said and park right next to your guns. I talked to them for a couple of minutes then pulled my truck out to the parking lot. They brought another truck over next to the ramp and when i got back to the ramp to head out the guns were gone, I thought they picked them up because they were theirs, I did not ask. My boy and I are willing to help you out and give you a good description of them, it was three men all short beards and a boy. If you want to get more info please get with me. I will be keeping an eye out for them for you. I can't confirm it was them but i do know we were the only two boats on the ramp at this time. I know i didn't take them! Good Luck, sorry it has taken me so long to post this, but this web site didn't give me authorization to post until today!
kingpin71
Newb

Postby skybusterbob » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:56 pm

If it makes you feel anybetter I did that with a SBE quite a few years ago. I never got it back of course and I only drove off for 15 minutes.
skybusterbob
hunter

Postby jfahrner » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:29 am

kingpin71 wrote:Hey bud sorry to hear about your guns, I just happen to be launching my boat and seen your guns sitting on the east side of the ramp next to a boat. I thought someone forgot these, at the same time I had another boat pull up returning from being out scouting they said and park right next to your guns. I talked to them for a couple of minutes then pulled my truck out to the parking lot. They brought another truck over next to the ramp and when i got back to the ramp to head out the guns were gone, I thought they picked them up because they were theirs, I did not ask. My boy and I are willing to help you out and give you a good description of them, it was three men all short beards and a boy. If you want to get more info please get with me. I will be keeping an eye out for them for you. I can't confirm it was them but i do know we were the only two boats on the ramp at this time. I know i didn't take them! Good Luck, sorry it has taken me so long to post this, but this web site didn't give me authorization to post until today!

We ended up getting in touch with the man that picked the guns up. He saw our lost ad on ksl. Anyways, we were able to get our guns back and I am one happy man! Thank you all for your help!!
jfahrner
Newb

Postby O.D.Lid » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:23 pm

:lol: UNBELIEVABLE!! :lol: kudos to the returner :bow: I hope you gave a reward or a hunt or something :thumbsup:
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Glad to hear you got them back. :clapping:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby Simple » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:00 pm

That is sweet, good to see some honest people in the world. Keep better track from now on ha ha
Simple
hunter

Postby sarghunter » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:48 pm

AWESOME News, restores one's Faith in folks doing the Right thing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
sarghunter
hunter

Postby bvig33 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:02 pm

I love a good happy ending.....
bvig33
Newb

Postby Spiraleyes » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:28 am

bvig33 wrote:I love a good happy ending.....

:lol:

This is great to hear! Glad they got them back to you!
Jim R
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby Chet » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 am

Glad to hear everything worked out. The vast majority of folks in the hunting community are good honest people.

Several years ago, I accidently left my shotgun leaning against the gate at the Perry launch at the BRMBR. I did not realize it was gone for three days during the peak of the season (I was 16 at the time). When I realized that the case behind the seat of my truck was empty, I went into a panic and drove back to the launch. The gun had been moved, but was still sitting right there. I don't know how many dozen guys must have saw it, but nobody took it and it was a new Browning B-80, which was a nice gun for the day.

Chet
"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." GENE HILL
Chet
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting