Swan Hunting

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Swan Hunting

Postby braves696 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 am

My 13 year old son and I are new to waterfowl hunting. We only started last year and I have only hunted the Timpie Springs WMA, with little luck. This year my son drew a swan tag and I have no idea where to take him to hunt. I have seen mixed messages. Some say Bear River others say Farmington. Does anybody have any advice where I can take my son so that we might have an enjoyable hunt and have a chance at seeing swans? Also when is the best time of the season to find them?
braves696
Newb

Re: Swan Hunting

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:04 am

PM sent.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Hunter_17 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Please don't go sit out on a dike and sky bust and wound many birds.

I hunt Ogden bay, Howard and Harold crane a lot for swans.

This year the group I usually hunt with now of Drew out for swans. So if your willing to meet up with me I could take you have your son out on my boat.

We have swan decoys and get birds very close to the boat. Last year we killed 3 in one day. I killed mine with a 20 gauge I shot and it was died before it hit the water, it was only about 10 yards.

So you can pm me and I could help you and your son.
Hunter_17
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:06 pm

That's a fine offer Hunter :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Hunter_17 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:01 pm

The offer stands for anybody else that would like to go out as well. But it's mainly for the youth.
Hunter_17
hunter

Postby Holeinmywaders » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Yes, I agree. Over decoys is the only way to get a swan. Good luck guys. I have to try to get my daughter hers this year as well. Only a couple of weeks or so till we start to see them. :beer:
Holeinmywaders
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting