Good and New places to hunt!

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Good and New places to hunt!

Postby zachattack_ » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello I am new to this forum and I have yet to see a post about good places to hunt, new places to hunt, etc. It would be cool if there were a topic like this and everyone just sheared a place they like to hunt or a place they had no luck, etc. I know people dont like to shear there “secret” spot or anything like that but like for example I hunt down by the old camelot scout camp area “springville/provo" along there all the way to provo airport and depending on where you go on what day with the right weather you can limit out pretty easy. I am always wanting to try new areas as I am sure other people are too. I have never been to Farmington bay area and would like to try it but have no clue where to even start so it would be nice to be able to at least get a little clue on some great, good, and alright places to go. Everyone on this forum seems pretty nice so let me hear your opinion good or bad. Thanks and I have already learned a lot from some of the great posts on here.
zachattack_
Newb

Re: Good and New places to hunt!

Postby Factor 8 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Bad idea. Fuel up the truck, grab your bino's and hit the road is my best advise on a good spot and new area!
Last edited by Factor 8 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factor 8
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:53 pm

LOL! :fingerhead:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Nice first post. :no: :no: :no:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby Redford » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:45 am

I have been on this forum for a while and just barely signed up. honestly there has never been a good response to this type of question. I agree with the general response on this post, as i have driven almost 300 miles in one day just to find an acceptable hunting location many times over. i figure the majority on this forum have done this same thing and much much more. honestly it would not be fun if you didn't actually go out and HUNT for your favorite spots... oh and :welcome:
Redford
Newb

Postby Holeinmywaders » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:38 am

Think about it this way. No matter where people go it is their spot. Even if they see other people in the area it is still their spot. A spot that they found and that they have had success at in the past. They are not going to throw it up on a public forum. I just hit the WMA's and do some hiking and paddling. It is after all part of the experience.

If you want to scalp a new spot have your friends take you out. :thumbsup:

Good luck.
Holeinmywaders
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Redford wrote:I have been on this forum for a while and just barely signed up. honestly there has never been a good response to this type of question. I agree with the general response on this post, as i have driven almost 300 miles in one day just to find an acceptable hunting location many times over. i figure the majority on this forum have done this same thing and much much more. honestly it would not be fun if you didn't actually go out and HUNT for your favorite spots... oh and :welcome:

:welcome: lol
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:56 pm

Guess what I have been scouting for 35 years. I don't know any true hunters who would give up a spot. I took a buddies friend deer hunting one year to a killer spot next year he was in my spot when I pulled up didn't ask he could hunt with us I no I don't own the forest but that's not the point its all about the respect good luck.
cootlover
hunter

Postby Hunter_17 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Here are a few spots I have always wanted to try but never have. I know a guy has tried the first one and from what I heard he killed a lot of geese and a few with rings!

Gps cords.
Is the 1st place.
40 59.0278
111 53.5652

2 place is
40 45.0326
111 48.9747

GPS cords are degrees decimal and minutes format.
Hunter_17
hunter

Postby Bug Doc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:04 am

Hunter_17 wrote:Here are a few spots I have always wanted to try but never have. I know a guy has tried the first one and from what I heard he killed a lot of geese and a few with rings!

Gps cords.
Is the 1st place.
40 59.0278
111 53.5652

2 place is
40 45.0326
111 48.9747

GPS cords are degrees decimal and minutes format.

I'm guessing these are the coordinates for Liberty Park & the Airport. Am I close? :wink:
Bug Doc
hunter

Postby All Ducked Up » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:10 am

:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :no: :no: :fingerhead:
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hunting isn't just something I do, It's a part of who I am.

2013 - 2014 count

6 Mallards
6 Pins
4 Gads
10 GW Teal
7 Cinn Teal
1 Wigeon
and
2 Shovies :(
All Ducked Up
hunter

Postby bvig33 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:57 am

Hey those GPS coordinates sound an awful lot like the area I hid One Eyed Willies treasure!
bvig33
Newb

Postby Hunter_17 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Those places are close but not it.

The first one is a good place to ride rides with the family and kids.

The second on if you go there you may even see a lion, tiger, elephant and etc.
Hunter_17
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting