Duck Hunting Forum banner

called in my first duck.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  txhunter90 
#1 ·
Found a nice quiet spot yesterday. It was just me and my buddy, plus one guy clear on the other side of the pond.
It was a nice change from the shoulder to shoulder hunting I'd experienced the first 2 times out.

Being so quiet and all I decided to try my hand at calling for the first time. Most of the ducks were solo flyers and flying high.We had deeks out but none were looking to make friends.

I saw a single guy flying over head to my left and gave him a single quack. To my surprise he quacked back. so I quacked twice. he responded again and banked right, circled far to the right. I gave him a series of 4 quacks and he put down the landing gear and headed in.

Unfortunately I was so excited I forgot I was supposed to shoot it LOL. By the time i got my gun to my shoulder he had spooked and headed off. It was an awesome experience though, and I'm glad all that ticking off my co workers has paid off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.