strawberry res.

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

strawberry res.

Postby Maynard » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:23 pm

does anyone know the best way to hunt strawberry res. on a boat?
\m/
Maynard
Newb

Re: strawberry res.

Postby MAX4Utah » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:52 pm

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. I have been scouting a little there. The area is so big its hard to see where the ducks are going to be. So far, I think the best bet is to motor to a spot, hide your boat a ways away from your spread and use layout blinds. There is almost no cover on the shorelines there. That's what I'm going to try within the next month or so up there. For now though, the Fishin on the Berry is to good to pass up :thumbsup:
MAX4Utah
hunter

Re: strawberry res.

Postby Kevin N » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Here is what I know... Not much, tried it once and probably wont try and hunt it again. Took a boat and drove to the back of Renegade Bay. there is some ok cover. Sage brush take a small saw and cut and pile up you a blind. most likely there is already a blind constructed. the water deepens up quick so I would recommend a dog. be ready for fishermen at first light to fish right in front of you. and If they catch a fish out comes the anchors. sucks, had that happen to me and they sat out about 100 yards fishing away. I didn't fire my gun in the two attempts that I made. I have talked to a few have done well and have had better success. Be careful running the boat at night. As I ran my dads Bayliner up the shore completely out of water. The shore comes up fast when you are at full throttle. that one hurt! I have heard that some do really well at chicken creek or mud creek. get out on a point and set up for ducks. For geese set up back in the bay with your deeks in the water and on the grass..

Like stated the fishing is great and duck hunting not the best so take a pole and you will have great fun!!
Kevin N
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting